• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Conservation Station Tips

projectx3

Mouseketeer
We've been to AK a few times, but we've never stopped at the Conservation Station. Looking at making a stop there on our upcoming trip. Any tips? How much time to set aside for it?

We're doing a half day visit of AK and thinking of doing the following with a 1:00 arrival, stacking our LL return times ahead of time:

-Navi (LL)
-FoP (ILL)
-FoTLK
-Safaris (LL)
-Conservation Station
-EE (LL)
-Dinner between 5:00 and 6:00 at Flame Tree.

Doable?

45 minutes without and 1 hour 15 minutes with animation experience, which I highly recommend. Your plan would look something like this:
1:00-1:45 Pandora
2:00-2:45 Safari
3:00-3:30 FOTLK
3:30-4:45 Rafiki (4pm animation)
4:45-5:15 EE
5:15 - 6:00 Flame Tree

This is pretty tight, but doable, and doesn’t allow any flexibility. Your biggest variables here are when you can work in FOTLK and animation academy as you will have to work your plan around those set times.

It's fun. Go in with low expectations and you will be fine. If you expect it to be amazing, you will be disappointed. Lots of potential, but misses the mark.

My kids always insisted we go out as they enjoyed the animals and LOVED the train, which is unusual and fun. This trip is for just my husband and me and I have it and the Animation Experience planned. But that's on a full day at AK. An afternoon only...honestly, we would do it and skip the Navi Ride, but that's just a personal preference.

I'm sure there are videos of the train and station. Take a look before you decide!

Its fun but we find that the wait for the train to/from can be deceptively long. The whole experience eats a lot of time so I'm not sure if I'd try it on a half day visit personally.

Just adults? Maybe not worth it. Little kids that would enjoy the petting zoo, probably worth it. In between age kids? Hit or miss.

When you get off the train, it's a weirdly long-ish walk down a paved path with "backyard" type items occasionally stuck in the landscaping. I believe they're going for "ecosystems are everywhere." At the end is a small petting zoo, and a building with small amphibian/insect/reptile exhibits, and the animation presentation.

It was ok for us as we were killing time and I'm kind of into amphibians.

Sometimes, especially in the morning, you may be able to watch a veterinary procedure through the viewing window. Once we saw them amputate a crocodile's leg! They also perform various routine exams and other procedures - you never know what you might luck into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter