Cons to tickets from Undercover Tourist?

FabFive24

Mouseketeer
Are there any disadvantages to purchasing a room only reservation and tickets from UT? Can you still make fast pass reservations if choosing that route?

Thank you!

Are there any disadvantages to purchasing a room only reservation and tickets from UT? Can you still make fast pass reservations if choosing that route?

Thank you!

Yes, you can still make FP. They are real Disney tickets. I like UT customer service, if the tickets are not yet linked to an account, they can often be returned or exchanged (read the details when you buy them).

The only con is you can't get free dining (for those that like it)

We are having to move our trip up two months and out of the free dining promo which is what led to me finding other options to still fit within our budget.

I ordered tickets the night before booking window opened and they didn't send verification step instructions until the morning(some cc purchases require some different Id verify options) it cost me a few hours of booking window which in turn effected some plans. To be fair, it did warn me that it could take up to 3 days. I pushed purchase anyway. Not a huge deal for $70 savings but I would certainly purchase a week earlier next time.

I ordered tickets the night before booking window opened and they didn't send verification step instructions until the morning(some cc purchases require some different Id verify options) it cost me a few hours of booking window which in turn effected some plans. To be fair, it did warn me that it could take up to 3 days. I pushed purchase anyway. Not a huge deal for $70 savings but I would certainly purchase a week earlier next time.

Thank you for the heads up on this!

I've just recently used them for Disney tickets for the first time. The only con so far was that it took a full 24 hours for me to get my E-Tickets; partially my fault for purchasing them at the last minute. So, I had to start making FP at 29 days out. (Wasn't a big deal, in the end.)

I, too, waited to the last minute to purchase mine at the 61 day mark (staying on-site). They were able to get mine to me overnight and I was able to book at 60 days, but I won't cut it that close again.

Tickets bought from Disney as part of a package can be upgraded or downgraded as often as you want until check-in. Any third-party tickets can only be upgraded once you're there.

The only problem that I have encountered is when I wanted to add a park day to my trip. I couldn't do it remotely, I had to wait to do it in person with Guest Services at the park with all 5 magic bands. The hotel could do it but for whatever reason they said they could not get me as good of a price bridge as the guest services at the gate. This meant I couldn't make FP+ for one day of our trip. I planned around this by going MK on our last day and adding the ticket on the first day of our trip. 7 days out the MK headliners weren't available but if I remember correctly I was able to get satisfactory choices with a bit of refreshing over the course of the trip. That is the only downside that I have encountered.

Can someone explain to me the pros/cons of eticket verses being mailed tickets? Obviously time. But if I get etickets to WDW and Universal: I can link my WDW to my app but do I print the Universal ones and just carry them old style or do I show them something on my phone? Or both for a backup? I haven’t used UT before but I need to find some savings somewhere for upcoming trip in June in order to do two Universal days for my son.

Can someone explain to me the pros/cons of eticket verses being mailed tickets? Obviously time. But if I get etickets to WDW and Universal: I can link my WDW to my app but do I print the Universal ones and just carry them old style or do I show them something on my phone? Or both for a backup? I haven’t used UT before but I need to find some savings somewhere for upcoming trip in June in order to do two Universal days for my son.
E-tickets are non-refundable
Physical tickets are refundable. *eta, as long as you have not loaded them in to MDE

Also, with Universal, you can use just the print out if you want. I've never tried to load one on the phone so no idea if you can or not.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter