connections-how much time from enrollment to member?

dznynut

Mouseketeer
I signed up for Connections via coolsavings.com 2 days ago. When I called Connections yesterday they had no record of me as a member. They said they were surprised that I didn't get my member id# as soon as I signed up. Has anyone else had this problem or is it normal for it to take days before you are an "official" member? Thanks.

I signed up last Sunday and still nothing. I don't think coolsavings is able to provide you with a connections member #. Perhaps Connections signup is automatic at their online site tho. Others have reported that the membership info is received by mail within 2 weeks. I would give it another few days then call back. I don't know if they operate on weekends. I'll probably call next week as you can order over the phone anyway.

Carla

What is Connections...how can I find out the benefits and the costs and contact them?

dzynut:

I was able to order Meal Vouchers AND Park Hoppers immediately, the day I joined.

I called Connections on the phone after signing up on-line because I wanted to order immediately, since I joined just 2 and-a-half weeks before our trip. They also told me that they had no record, but then they activated my membership over the phone and then I ordered everything. I received my Park Hoppers and Meal Vouchers approx. one week later.

Betsyfun: To find out more about Connections vouchers, just go to Connections123.com or mousesavers.com or click on any of these threads here on the Budget Board that mention "Connections". :)

They told me to wait 7-10 days for the membership kit, but I couldn't wait (I waited nine) and asked them for the membership information over the phone. They gave it to me and I ordered my parkhopper passes, meal vouchers and movie tickets. They arrived 4 days later by UPS.

BTW, I had no trouble canceling my trial membership two weeks after joining.

I joined connections via MyPoints. I am supposed to get a free $25 gas card. Has anyone else done this? When do you get your gas card? Do you have to keep the membership to get the gas card? I received a member ID# when I signed up. I went to their web site and saw where you order the vouchers. I will probably order mine today.

Hi. I joined connections through mypoints also and was supposed to receive a voucher for a dinner out and a movie. Well, 2 1/2 weeks later I still hadn't received the info in the mail so I emailed them and they said they'd send it out. I asked if they would extend my 30-day trial membership so I would have a chance to read the membership materials, but they said no, I could have reviewed the information on their website. I did not realize I could've called them for my membership number to look on their website. I just prefer to look at 'hard copies' of information. Anyway, yesterday, a month after my initial sign-up I received my information packet which isn't all that much material and really refers back to the website. Anway, I'm getting off my intial point of replying to your post. In the packet was a postcard to mail back to THEN get the voucher for the dinner and movie out. And, yes, it will only be processed if you have paid the full amount to become an active member.

I posted this on another thread but I decided to try this one too. I called today and got PS for RFC in AK on May 5, 2002. (My wedding anniversary!!) I plan to use the $29.50 connections voucher but it is only good for lunch. My question is: what time do they consider lunch hours? The CMO told me that lunch and dinner were the same at RFC. Does anyone know what time is the latest I can eat and it still be considered lunch? I don't want to miss out on using the connections voucher!!

I am getting annoyed now. I called Connections and was on hold for 30 minutes, then I finally got someone who verified my address (I have an unusual name so he certainly didn't make it up out of thin air) and gave me a number. So I try to log in the connections website and I keep getting an error message that no number exists. I call again another 30 min wait and this time a different agent tells me that although she can 'see' my name, address, phone information that I don't have an active account and that the number I was given is a cancellation number. So why is that tied to my name and phone # as I've never had a connections account before and I've had my same phone # for 9 yrs?? I'm not feeling very confident at this point. Also, since I actually signed up on 2/17 but they don't have me as of 2/25, when does my 30 days actually start?? They better not even try the 2/17 date!

Carla

disney4us2002, Thanks a bunch!!!! This is the best information I have found so far!!! I changed my PS to 3:45 but I think now I will get it even later!!! Do the CMO's get impatient with people who keep making changes? This will be my 2nd change to the PS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter