Connections and Side Dishes???

Emme

DIS Veteran
I am a bit confused with the Connections meal plan. If an item comes with let's say fries...does that count as your side dish? Or a meal comes with rice is that your side dish? I am not sure about this and don't want to look foolish ordering more than I should...LOL! Thanks for all your help!

Emmy

It depends on which restaurant you go to. At Pinnochio's Village Haus and the counter at Typhoon Lagoon we were told that the fries that come with the hamburger are already the side and we could not order the side.
On the other hand, Beaches and Cream does not count the fries and they allow you to order any side that you want (the waiter even allowed us to order the Chicken Caesar Salad as a side (I got filled up on just that).
Unfortunately, you have to ask these employees ahead of time (and they don't always look too thrilled about having to answer your questions - mostly at the counter service places in the parks).

Many times, at the Counter-type places, the vouchers are not a good deal at all (you may even lose money), since you can't order another side + the dessert is sometimes just a cookie.

If you go to mousesavers.com they tell you which restaurants are worth it and I think they only included 3 restaurants that they feel are worth the $11 for the voucher.
We did find that Pecos Bill's Cafe was well worth the voucher (although mousesavers.com does not list it as being a good deal).

Thank you for the quick response! I am only going to order about 6 of the Quick and Casual...mostly for Beaches and Cream and Peppermill. Thanks again!
Emmy

Even at Beaches and Cream - it depends on your waiter! My DH and I split the prime rib sandwich (not that great - should've gotten a double cheeseburger), and were told we could order any side - so we got onion rings. My DD's shared a burger and the fries that came with it, but were not able to order any other side. I really can't complain - since we DID end with the Kitchen Sink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter