Connecting To Villa TV Connections

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
Does any one know if I can access the HDMI connections on the back of the TV as well as manipulate the remote control settings to set the input in Disney Villas (in our case Saratoga Springs Villa). I would like to hook up my Iphone and Ipad (via HDMI connections) and play video recordings on the TV ?

I don't believe you can get to the HDMI anymore. That being said, they did have screencast enabled on the TV's at Saratoga Springs. I was able to launch a Netflix show on my phone and screencast it to the tv. I also believe they have Disney+ available directly on the tv if you have an account to log in without having to screen cast.

I have been able to hack into many hotel TVs and use them with my FireStick via the HDMI. Look on the back of the TV for what looks like a phone connection. This will need to be removed since it controls the TV functions. If you are lucky they use the TV vendor's remote and after the phone jack wire is removed you can just use the remote to change inputs to the HDMI port you are using. If not, I carry with me a Samsung remote and a Universal remote. Most of the TVs I encounter in hotels use Samsung TVs, so that remote works. If not, I just have to look up the TV codes and program the Universal remote. Make sure you put everything back the way you found it when you leave of course.

I am currently in a Marriott TownePlace Suites and have done the above. The Samsung remote works here and I can watch whatever I want on my FireStick. An additional benefit is that when it rains, the tv signal always goes out. With my setup that is not an issue since I am getting content from the web.

I see that Disney Hotels are all have smart TV's now. I also saw that they utilize Chromecast to connect between device and Tv. My next question is, are these TV's capable of using Apple Airplay ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter