Confusing split stay, looking for DVC help

Emimy

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are hoping to visit WDW next year along with some friends. We did a split DVC stay last year during our wedding and honeymoon and would really love to try some other DVC resorts.

We are hoping to do 2 nights BLT, 2 nights WLV and 4 nights BWV (I know, three resorts but this is the last time for a long time!)

My question is, how would I go about asking for rentals? We ideally want two studio rooms at each resort as we are two couples and like our own space. Would it make most sense to ask for the stay as a total? Ie 274 points needed... Or to put them all up separately, per resort per couple?

I apologise if it's a stupid question, I just don't want to get anything wrong.

TIA :)

Depends on when you are going. If it's during slower DVC season- Mid January to March before spring break; or after spring break; then one owner could potentially book all for you at seven months.

If you want DVC peak season (fall-marathon) for this year, you're already too late. For next year, you'd probably need owners at each resort to get 11 month booking advantage. As it would be a headache contracting with several owners, this is for sure a situation where I'd spend a couple extra dollars a point and use a broker- board sponsor David's is reliable.

Depends on when you are going. If it's during slower DVC season- Mid January to March before spring break; or after spring break; then one owner could potentially book all for you at seven months.

If you want DVC peak season (fall-marathon) for this year, you're already too late. For next year, you'd probably need owners at each resort to get 11 month booking advantage. As it would be a headache contracting with several owners, this is for sure a situation where I'd spend a couple extra dollars a point and use a broker- board sponsor David's is reliable.

Hi, thank you for your reply! Sorry I forgot the dates! It would be Fall of 2014. I see your point about working with lots of owners, would it mean 6 owners? As I'm assuming a single owner can only book one room?

Thanks!

EDIT: This post has been edited to remove specific travel dates that could be construed as a rental request. Edit appears in Red. Chuck S

Hi, thank you for your reply! Sorry I forgot the dates! It would be Sept 26th-4th Oct 2014. I see your point about working with lots of owners, would it mean 6 owners? As I'm assuming a single owner can only book one room?

Thanks!

No, a single owner can book more than one room but unless they owned at all those resorts they would have to wait until 7 months out to try and book and since that's at the start of F&W and Halloween time at least 2 of those resorts may be difficult to find availability at although it's not impossible.

So then you would need to find owners to rent you the points at each of those resorts at 11 months or so in advance. Mostly I think the previous poster was just referring to the logistics in find the multiple owners since that gives you the best likelyhood of getting your stay as you wish.

But it's also not that odd to see owners of multiple resorts listing them all for rent so you could keep an eye out for that too.

No, a single owner can book more than one room but unless they owned at all those resorts they would have to wait until 7 months out to try and book and since that's at the start of F&W and Halloween time at least 2 of those resorts may be difficult to find availability at although it's not impossible.

So then you would need to find owners to rent you the points at each of those resorts at 11 months or so in advance. Mostly I think the previous poster was just referring to the logistics in find the multiple owners since that gives you the best likelyhood of getting your stay as you wish.

But it's also not that odd to see owners of multiple resorts listing them all for rent so you could keep an eye out for that too.

Ah I see! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me :) I guess all I can do is try and if we can't get the resorts we're hoping for then we'll think up a new plan.

Thank you very much for helping me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter