Confused on resort choice! Help!

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi,

So I know it’s all opinionated of course, but after coming back from our Disney vacation in August my husband and I booked a BB offer for the BWI. We have never stayed there. We are a couple in our 30’s. Adults only. I’ve been playing with numbers and with the new discount, we could do CBR (I stayed there years ago, my husband never did) for about $600 less. We plan on doing Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot this trip and resort time with the Dining Plan (I know not everyone’s choice, but we like it). Breaking down the numbers, the BWI is $1,600 or so just for the resort, CBR would be $2,300 with the theme park tickets and dining. So I figured if I added that in, it’s about a $600 savings. Help please!

Thank you as always!

It doesn't sound like staying at the Boardwalk is some once-in-a-lifetime experience that you must cross off your bucket list.

It seems clear to me that the $600 represents a good amount of money to you, so why not save it?

You seem happy with CBR, which will give you the Skyliner to both your parks. You can walk around the Boardwalk area on the way back to CBR after visiting Epcot to see if it is somewhere you want to stay in the future.

You are already likely going to overspending by purchasing the Dining Plan, so saving money elsewhere is a good way to offset that cost.

It doesn't sound like staying at the Boardwalk is some once-in-a-lifetime experience that you must cross off your bucket list.

It seems clear to me that the $600 represents a good amount of money to you, so why not save it?

You seem happy with CBR, which will give you the Skyliner to both your parks. You can walk around the Boardwalk area on the way back to CBR after visiting Epcot to see if it is somewhere you want to stay in the future.

You are already likely going to overspending by purchasing the Dining Plan, so saving money elsewhere is a good way to offset that cost.

Thank you! I have actually wanted to stay at an Epcot resort (we never have), but I wanted to get people’s opinions on whether they think it’s worth the extra cost. On our last stay we upgraded from CSR to AKL and I was happy with our decision. Have a Happy Holiday 😀

Yes, this would be a subjective topic based on a variety of individual priorities and what works for each person / family. To your updated comments - is it worth the cost - I would say given the choices - BWI is worth the cost based on our touring style and priorities. The location is better for us (walking distance) to Epcot/DHS, easily accessible Resort-based dining options with ability to hop between resorts (including Swolfin), Resort Layout with inside room access, and finally aesthetic.

Again, this will vary by taste and touring style - if cost is the only priority - CBR isn’t a bad alternative either but depending on room placement would present some challenges that aren’t something we would like as much.

Thank you! I have actually wanted to stay at an Epcot resort (we never have), but I wanted to get people’s opinions on whether they think it’s worth the extra cost. On our last stay we upgraded from CSR to AKL and I was happy with our decision. Have a Happy Holiday 😀
If you have the money in your budget, it's worth the extra cost. The location is fantastic. You can walk to both epcot or HS. Or walk to swan and dolphin and take the boat from there to HS to reduce transportation time. There's a lot of to do in that area especially as two adults.

Yes, this would be a subjective topic based on a variety of individual priorities and what works for each person / family. To your updated comments - is it worth the cost - I would say given the choices - BWI is worth the cost based on our touring style and priorities. The location is better for us (walking distance) to Epcot/DHS, easily accessible Resort-based dining options with ability to hop between resorts (including Swolfin), Resort Layout with inside room access, and finally aesthetic.

Again, this will vary by taste and touring style - if cost is the only priority - CBR isn’t a bad alternative either but depending on room placement would present some challenges that aren’t something we would like as much.

I don’t remember being crazy about CBR when I stayed there (many years ago), however these responses are leaning me towards staying with BWI. Happy Holdays 😄

If you have the money in your budget, it's worth the extra cost. The location is fantastic. You can walk to both epcot or HS. Or walk to swan and dolphin and take the boat from there to HS to reduce transportation time. There's a lot of to do in that area especially as two adults.

Thank you. These responses are leaning to towards staying with BWI so far, especially since we got the BB offer. Happy Holidays 😀

Easy for me to spend your money, but unless the difference is a major budget buster the locational/walkable advantages of BWI win out for me. Great spot for couples/adults to bounce around on a whim. Vacation value can sometimes come in the form of using time efficiently, in my opinion.

Easy for me to spend your money, but unless the difference is a major budget buster the locational/walkable advantages of BWI win out for me. Great spot for couples/adults to bounce around on a whim. Vacation value can sometimes come in the form of using time efficiently, in my opinion.

Thank you. I’m definitely learning towards staying where I am now 😀

Where you would recommend for a quick breakfast at the BWI? Also, is there a place to get lunch while you hang out by the pool? Thank you 😊

For a quick breakfast, you can go to Boardwalk Bakery. If you would like to have a sit-down meal, they serve breakfast at Trattoria (we were able to get a walk-up on our last stay at BWI a few weeks ago). The pool bar has a small lunch menu - I thought the food was very good! They have pool service, so you can just order from the server when he/she comes by or you can order at the pool bar.

I've stayed at CBR, wouldn't stay there again by choice. If you wanted to save money, you could price out some of the other moderates.

I'd stay at boardwalk if you're ok with the price difference and skip CBR. CBR is took much of a random chance you get a room that inconvenient/ far from the skyliner or main building for me personally. $600 is a good savings, but depending on the length of stay you could potentially save hours of time getting to your room and back staying at BWI vs CBR in my opinion.

We'd stay at BWI...we really like the Boardwalk area and aren't really fans of CBR. - It's nice to have direct skyliner access, but it's a very large resort (too big for us.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter