confused about CR reservation

luvdmouse

Mouseketeer
I'm travelling with my own family plus my two special needs adult brothers and mom. I called to check to see if there were any codes applicable and the CM put me on hold for a long time. When she came back she told me to let Disney know about my DBs when I make ressies. She told me she requested a second room with a roll in shower for my mom and brothers at no extra charge. Has this happened to anyone else? It's a lovely gesture, but I am just confused. Are they connecting? My family needed 2 queen beds, so I am guessing I will need to call back and check. One brother is down's with oxygen, major medical equipment and a wheelchair. He does transport out of it and that's what I told the CM. So, I am not quite sure what to expect. If this has happened to you, please let me know about your experiences.

It sounds like the CM contacted the Special Reservation (special needs department) number for you. That would explain what happened.
You needed a room for 3 people (your 2 brothers and your mom). I'm not sure how many are in the rest of your party, but the important part is the 3 people - 2 with special needs. Normally, 3 people would sleep in one room with 2 queen beds.
If your brother needed a room with a roll in shower and needed room for his medical equipment, the room that would fit his needs would have a king size bed. Since only 2 people can sleep in a king size bed, that room would not be "large" enough for 3 people. It wouldn't be fair to charge them for 2 rooms when the reason they can't "fit" in one room is your brother's special needs. So, in situations like this, 2 connecting rooms are supplied. It is a nice gesture, but it's also a necessity in certain situations (and is actually required by the ADA in some situations).

I would call back and verify, but it's very likely that this is what happened and, yes, it has happened before.
This is the phone number for Resort Special Reservations: 407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter