Confused about cancellation policy

chloe77

Mouseketeer
Hi - I chatted with DCL online and still am confused about the cancellation policy. If I make a new reservation for July 2021, can I cancel by a certain date and get my deposit back? I see the timeframes in the terms and conditions, but I also saw something about how you can get a full refund 60 or 90 days before PIF date... Would anyone mind explaining this to me? It would not be a concierge room, I know you don't get deposits back for those.

Hi - I chatted with DCL online and still am confused about the cancellation policy. If I make a new reservation for July 2021, can I cancel by a certain date and get my deposit back? I see the timeframes in the terms and conditions, but I also saw something about how you can get a full refund 60 or 90 days before PIF date... Would anyone mind explaining this to me? It would not be a concierge room, I know you don't get deposits back for those.
Under "normal" circumstances, the cancellation policy is that up until final payment date, you can cancel and get all your money back.

After the final payment date there's graduated scale of what percentage of money you get back.

From the DCL website:
CRUISE CANCELLATION FEES:
CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions are NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment.

Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
Days Prior to Vacation Commencement DateFee Amount
89-45 daysDeposit per Guest
44-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Cruises of 6 Nights or More (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
119-56 daysDeposit per Guest
55-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Suite and Concierge Staterooms: All Sailings
90 days or moreDeposit per Guest
89-56 days50% of vacation price per Guest
55-30 days75% of vacation price per Guest
29 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest

I believe the full refund within that 60-90 day period has to do with cruises that are cancelled by DCL due to the pandemic, not a regular thing.

Thanks so much. So if the cruise is 11 nights, I can cancel before 119 days prior to the cruise and get my deposit back? No deposit back between 119 and 56 days, and so forth?
And when is the PIF date for a cruise?

Thanks!

Thanks so much. So if the cruise is 11 nights, I can cancel before 119 days prior to the cruise and get my deposit back? No deposit back between 119 and 56 days, and so forth?

Thanks!
Typically, when the penalty schedule takes effect. For example, if you have a 7 night cruise, the PIF date would be 120 days before the embarkation date.

Thanks!
I wouldn't bother booking that if it is from a US port. The CDC has restricted cruises over 7 nights from US ports until next fall.

Right now, for cruises booked thru july 2021, your PIF date and cancel with no penalty is 60 days before sailing. I have a may, 2021 cruise, so I have an email stating the new policies. It is also on the DCL website - for normal cabins. Not sure about concierge or GTY cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter