Confused about booking Wild Africa Trek

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
I have been looking at threads about the WAT but still confused. I read somewhere to make a lead reservation for a week before our actual trip to have a better chance of getting a spot. I don’t understand how that would work. My tickets are already linked in MDE. We are staying 10 days in August. I would prefer the tour earlier in the trip. Last year we all had COVID at the end. What’s the best strategy for getting the tour within the first 5 days of the trip? All advice is appreciated.

We had no trouble booking the tour for about 4 days into a 10-day trip. However, I guess you just have a Plan A, Plan B, etc and keep trying. It's just that "yesterday" was someone else's 60 day mark and the day before that was someone else's 60 day mark..... There's no particular strategy...it depends on how many other guests want the tour on any particular day. I will say it was well worth it! Great tour!

I would be flexible about the time of day too. People are always like "the animals are only out in the morning when it's cool". Hogwash! We did noon in July, and there were a ton of animals out. It was hot, but it's hot all day after 8am in August.

The time of day really does not matter to the animals . They LOVE the attention and the treats they get.
YOU will like it to be cooler but the animals are outside all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter