Conflicting rate info and booked hotels but available at hotelkingdom

themepark

Wanted: Your trip reports!<br><font color=00cc22>I
I am trying to make last minute (literally...this is for Thursday-Saturday of this week) reservations. I wasn't hopeful since it's such short notice but thought I would try anyway. I would have given up already but I keep getting conflicting rates and conflicting info so this has caused me to continue to pursue it. Yes, I am stubborn. ;)

Here's what I've seen and been told so far:

1. Online, RPR available only for Thurs. night at a APH rate of $119.

2. I just got upgraded to Loews Gold so I called about the 48 hours guaranteed reservation. I was told I could only get Thurs. night for $249 because when using the 48 hour deal, you get no discounted rate. Bizarre but it's still not under 48 hours and the website shows availablity for that night. :confused:

3. I call back (1800BEASTAR) and ask for the same thing, 2-3 nights beginning on Thurs. This time I am told that I could get all 3 nights for $249 BUT ONLY IF I can prove I am a Gold member. My Loews number does not show up in their system. I know I am a gold member, I am holding the card in my hand! They were very professional and polite and I think were just as confused as I was about my Loews membership number.

4. I call Loews customer service and speak to a very rude woman who keeps asking me which hotel I had called. I tried to explain to her but she finally just gives me another number to call and says "they will know what they are doing." Ok,

5. I called the Loews reservation line as instructed. I spoke with Matt who was great. But he doesn't pull up the APH rate for Thurs and the only thing he says he can give me would be the PBH for $279 because technically RPR and HRH aren't booked because they still have presidential suites available. I jokingly ask if I could just be upgraded to one of those. He was a friendly and funny guy and tried to help me, but alas I am not meant to be there this weekend.

6. I then remember to check hotelkingdom where I find availability for all nights for $219. Ok. Does anyone know how that works? Does hotelkingdom buy out rooms? Do they have them on hold somehow even though the hotels are showing to be booked elsewhere? If hotelkingdom doesn't sell the rooms, what happens to them?

** Edited to add that if I were to check-in on Wed., suddenly the HRH and RPR are available for the duration of my trip. I can't come on Wed. though. I understand that sometimes minimum stays are required but I was told on the phone each time that there was no min. stay requirement for my dates.

Like I said, I would have given up already but after getting so much conflicting info, it has intrigued me. Could I book one night online for $119 APH rate and book the other nights at hotelkingdom and not have to worry about checking out and checking back in? I know this is long. Thanks for bearing with me. Any help or opinions are appreciated!

Thanks for the info on quickbook. I didn't know they existed. DH nixed the idea of going at those rates so it doesn't look like our last minute trip will happen after all. If anyone is searching for last minute rooms, Loews does have King rooms at RPR available now for the weekend.

You are right about them booking blocks of rooms. I don't know what happens with them if they are not used. I would book with the APH rate for your first night and through an online broker for the rest. Tell them when you check in what you are doing. There is a chance they will make you check out and change rooms, but probably not. It would cost them more time and money to change your room. I hope you get to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter