Confirmation request?

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
Since when has the boards been asking for confirmation of your response of LIKE on a post? This has happened and says: Are you sure you want to confirm this post? or something of that nature. They are asking you to make sure you want to LIKE a certain post and hit confirm.

Why? I wonder. Some of these posts might be viewed as controversial by some. Others are just opinions on a discussion board , probably that the Dis doesn't agree with.

Whatever the reason, it is very odd that it is something they might not agree with. I never had this show up before I commented on a few posts. Just wondering what they are doing with something like this, that calls for second guessing what you have "liked or loved or are sad over or angry". Guess we should only post what is accepted? Don't know what's going on.

I do not have this issue. Maybe you have a glitch.

It was definitely weird! I have been on these boards a long time, and never saw that before. It was like they were asking me if I'm really sure I want to put "like" on a certain post? I hope a moderator knows what's going on????

This should really on the tech board not news.

It's not a glitch, it's just like you can't post two things too close together. Part of the spam control and making sure it's a real person doing it. If you react to a lot of stuff in a short period of time it'll ask you to confirm. Not a big deal.

Since when has the boards been asking for confirmation of your response of LIKE on a post? This has happened and says: Are you sure you want to confirm this post? or something of that nature. They are asking you to make sure you want to LIKE a certain post and hit confirm.

Why? I wonder. Some of these posts might be viewed as controversial by some. Others are just opinions on a discussion board , probably that the Dis doesn't agree with.

Whatever the reason, it is very odd that it is something they might not agree with. I never had this show up before I commented on a few posts. Just wondering what they are doing with something like this, that calls for second guessing what you have "liked or loved or are sad over or angry". Guess we should only post what is accepted? Don't know what's going on.

It's a glitch the pops up from time to time.

I haven't seen this particular issue come up. If it is still happening for you, please clear your cache and cookies. If it still keeps happening, please let us know and I'll pass the word on to WebmasterAlex.

If possible get a screenshot of the alert too, that can sometimes help.

I haven't seen this particular issue come up. If it is still happening for you, please clear your cache and cookies. If it still keeps happening, please let us know and I'll pass the word on to WebmasterAlex.

No, I'm not getting confirmation requests, but the Disboards site is so s l o w that I get tired of waiting and go to another site. It's irritating to have to wait for everything or every action on the site, whether it's going to the next page of a thread, or changing threads. All my other sites are fast with no problems. Thanks for your quick response. Should I let Alex know about the slowness?

No, I'm not getting confirmation requests, but the Disboards site is so s l o w that I get tired of waiting and go to another site. It's irritating to have to wait for everything or every action on the site, whether it's going to the next page of a thread, or changing threads. All my other sites are fast with no problems. Thanks for your quick response. Should I let Alex know about the slowness?
If you clear your cache and cookies and are still having the same issue, then yes, please. I'm not having this issue, so not sure if it's your internet, computer, or the DIS server that's having issues.

This has always happened when I'm using my phone but not on my home computer. I don't mind it on the phone because sometimes just handling our phones opens links or stuff not intended.

If you clear your cache and cookies and are still having the same issue, then yes, please. I'm not having this issue, so not sure if it's your internet, computer, or the DIS server that's having issues.

I hate to admit that I am a complete computer novice. I will try to find the cookies and delete them, whatever they are, LOL.
BTW I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and had no trouble finding them, all the time LOL

I hate to admit that I am a complete computer novice. I will try to find the cookies and delete them, whatever they are, LOL.
BTW I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and had no trouble finding them, all the time LOL
:rotfl:Google can be your friend on stuff like this. Just google the name of your operating system (Windows 7, Windows 10 or whatever) how to clear cookies. It's not hard. Youtube works for stuff like this too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter