• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmation Paperwork?

Dahly

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have already booked for 2009, how long did it take to receive your paperwork to sign and send back? We booked on August 1st, but haven't received anything yet. I am going to call ABD in the morning, but wondering about your experience.

thanks!

Leslie

I believe we received our last year about 4-6 weeks after booking. Can't remember exactly.

For those of you who have already booked for 2009, how long did it take to receive your paperwork to sign and send back? We booked on August 1st, but haven't received anything yet. I am going to call ABD in the morning, but wondering about your experience.

thanks!

Leslie

You should "normally" get it within a week because the travel agreement must be signed and returned within 14 days of booking the trip. However, things are a little slow because of the large amount of bookings made on August 1 (I just got all my faxed confirmations on Friday, one week later, because there was such a backlog) and I think the paperwork was also a bit late going out. In this case, the 14 days will likely be from the time the packets went out, not the actual booking date.

It won't hurt to call, but I wouldn't worry. I think the interest at 9am on August 1st surprised even them. And it was probably mostly us DIS-folk :)

Dotti

You should "normally" get it within a week because the travel agreement must be signed and returned within 14 days of booking the trip. However, things are a little slow because of the large amount of bookings made on August 1 (I just got all my faxed confirmations on Friday, one week later, because there was such a backlog) and I think the paperwork was also a bit late going out. In this case, the 14 days will likely be from the time the packets went out, not the actual booking date.

It won't hurt to call, but I wouldn't worry. I think the interest at 9am on August 1st surprised even them. And it was probably mostly us DIS-folk :)

Dotti

I did call and was told the 14 days is from the ISSUE DATE of the paperwork and not the Booking Date. Dotti's right they were swamped. The agent I spoke with had no idea when ours would be mailed but they are getting to them as fast as they can manage.

It took months last year for them to get it straigtened out - I was so worried. But it all worked out fine. I'm just glad the people in the office doing paper work are not the ones leading the trips! That part was perfect!

Thanks for your replies. I did call this morning and it seems like they are behind...of course, it probably didn't help that they had part of our address misspelled, but the person I spoke to said not to worry about the 14 day window from booking timeframe, and that I would have plenty of time to return my paperwork! I guess I am just a little overly anxious. Don't want to do anything to mess up! Galapagos - here we come...(well - in 11 months!)

Thanks again!

Leslie

I booked on August 1, at 9 am and received my packet today. Unfortunately there are some errors so I need to call but the packets are getting mailed.

I booked on August 1, at 9 am and received my packet today. Unfortunately there are some errors so I need to call but the packets are getting mailed.

Yup... mine (for clients) are trickling in as well. Got two so far!

Dotti

Thanks for your replies. I did call this morning and it seems like they are behind...of course, it probably didn't help that they had part of our address misspelled, but the person I spoke to said not to worry about the 14 day window from booking timeframe, and that I would have plenty of time to return my paperwork! I guess I am just a little overly anxious. Don't want to do anything to mess up! Galapagos - here we come...(well - in 11 months!)

Thanks again!

Leslie

We received the packet on Saturday (August 9) and we also booked on August 1. We're going on the Galapagos adventure too!

Now I'm starting to worry. I booked on 8/1, and haven't received anything yet!

Sayhello

I booked on the 1st, my info came yesterday (Tues 12th), I called Disney this morning though as it needs to be resent as it was raining and all the info got soaked and most pages are stuck together making it impossible to read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter