Condos/villas/hotels that allow dogs.

A. Mara Ziwadie

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend one? I know that Disney does not allow dogs in its rooms. We would be bringing a small dog with us. Open to any suggestions. We want to be able to leave the dog in the room when we go to the park (just like the dog would be left at home). I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Can anyone recommend one? I know that Disney does not allow dogs in its rooms. We would be bringing a small dog with us. Open to any suggestions. We want to be able to leave the dog in the room when we go to the park (just like the dog would be left at home). I'm not sure if this is even possible.
We've stayed at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress grand in a dog friendly room. Also Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay at Universal. I usually reserve online and then called to confirm our room will be pet friendly - didn't do it once when I booked club at Royal Pacific and when we arrived our room couldn't be in the club section but we could still use the lounge. All the places we've stayed have taken our cell so if there is a problem they will call. Luckily haven't been contacted. I preferred Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress because there were more outside seating areas where we could have the dog with us. Also Best Friends pet boarding is right across the street from Port Orleans Riverside. With a car it's easy to visit a couple times a day. We've boarded our dog there and been happy, but I do wish Disney resorts had pet friendly rooms. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. We thought of this once before. One hotel policy I read stated that you couldn't leave the dog unattended in the room. Anyone stay at a hotel with this policy? We've also floated the idea of a condo rental. We always stay at hotels, so I don't know if it's more money to rent a condo. If you stay seven nights or longer, Hyatt Place has a $175 (total) pet fee/deposit that does not come back to you. But I gather this is every place they accept pets. The Sheraton has that nasty resort fee.

Thanks for the suggestions. We thought of this once before. One hotel policy I read stated that you couldn't leave the dog unattended in the room. Anyone stay at a hotel with this policy? We've also floated the idea of a condo rental. We always stay at hotels, so I don't know if it's more money to rent a condo. If you stay seven nights or longer, Hyatt Place has a $175 (total) pet fee/deposit that does not come back to you. But I gather this is every place they accept pets. The Sheraton has that nasty resort fee.

Most I have seen is non-refundable as it often covers heavy duty cleaning. If it were me (and when I've traveled with dog) I get a condo since there is no housekeeping etc. That last link I put down had a few, am sure there are other search sites.

Most I have seen is non-refundable as it often covers heavy duty cleaning. If it were me (and when I've traveled with dog) I get a condo since there is no housekeeping etc. That last link I put down had a few, am sure there are other search sites.

Can you recommend a condo?

One hotel policy I read stated that you couldn't leave the dog unattended in the room. Anyone stay at a hotel with this policy?

Most hotels that I have seen that are "pet-friendly" will say that.

I will confess I have done it anyway with a small dog that never barked and it was fine. I had her crated and I put up the Do Not Disturb sign so housekeeping wouldn't come in. Even if they had come in she would have been crated. Now that will only work with a dog who never barks.

Check the Marriott Hotels. I think all the Marriott Residence Inns and Townplace Suites accept pets. There's a new Townplace at Flamingo Crossing by the Western entrance to WDW. It's usually a $75 or $100 one time fee no matter the length of stay.

Might not be what you want, but we took my brothers dog to the Disney pet center last week, it went very well, It's close, easy and the staff is super nice. I usually think Disney is orverpriced but their prices were reasonable!

Bringfido.com is down unfortunately. It sounds like there might not be any condo/vacation home rentals near Disney (preferably Lake Buena Vista) that allow pets.

Vacation Village at Parkway allows smaller dogs. It is a timeshare condo resort only 5 minutes from the Disney gates. I cut and pasted their pet policy for you:

• Select rooms are pet friendly for a fee. Dogs must be less than 35lbs and approval must be given prior to arrival. Please contact the resort directly for availability and fees.

Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls all allow dogs. We are driving home from a 10 night stay at RPR with two German shepherds. We take them there every year and have never had an issue. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

We always stay at Marriot's Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista. The upfront fee is $150. The resort is reasonable in cost per night. There's a lot of configurations for room/suite size. You get a hot breakfast with a lot of variety. You get a get full size appliances. There's enough grass to make your dog happy. The place is older, but okay. You are not too far from Disney.

If you want cheaper you will have to go with a LaQuinta. There are some cheap places along Hwy 192.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter