Conditions for mid-week of March 30??

DisneyMan 09

Earning My Ears
I have some questions for people that were at DL(California) the last couple weeks.

For Mon-Thrus:

How long would the Space Mt and Matterhorn lines be?

How about Buzz? When's the best time to go on it?

What rides will likely have fast passes?

PS - Does the first parade still start at the back, and the 2nd parade start from town square?

We just got back Thursday and I did not notice any difference in crowds from the weekends vs. weekdays.....both were busy! I imagine it will only get busier until after Easter.

Space Mtn. lines got up to and over 1 hr long. By late afternoon, FP's were no longer available. I would go get a Space Mtn. FP as soon as you get in the park......and be prepared to wait in line to get a FP! Someone in line with us was joking about gettting a FP for the FP line! :rotfl:

Buzz was usually around 40 min. Maybe go get that Space FP, and then immediately hop into line for Buzz. We were going to Buzz one evening and the line was quite long (longer than we had first rode it) so we did not do it again.

The Matterhorn was touchy all week.......either it was broke down or the lines were long. We finally got in line for it (after 4-5 attempts) because it was a now or never situation. Surprisngly, the line moved quite fast but it was still long. We probably waited 25-30 mins in the evening.

The DL rides that have FP's are:
Space Mtn.
Buzz
Autopia
Roger Rabbit (but it is not connected to the FP system so you can get one for that ride and immediately get one for another FP ride)
Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad
Splash Mtn.
Indy

As far as Space, Splash and Indy.....try to get those FP's as early as you can. We blew it a couple times and did not get FP's until later and then we ended up not using them because it just didnt' work for our timeline.

We left the day before the parade so I dont' have any info on that.

One more thing I forgot to mention..........I did see that both Splash and Indy (as well as Space) stopped issuing FP's late in the afternoon. So that's another reason to get yours as early as possible!

Have fun on your trip.......and remember, even if it is crowded, you're still in DL! And I always enjoy people watching when I'm there......I giggled to myself so many times when I'd see the big tattoed up, pierced guys wearing a pair of Mickey ears! Only in DL can you still act like a kid!! :)

Thanks.
I better question is: What are the hardest rides to get on, in order? And out of those, when are better times for them(opening, closing, 2nd parade). I remember the first few years of Indy. Lines were 1-2 hrs from opening till 3. By 5, it dropped to 20 minutes! So that was the best time for it, since doing it at 8 wouldn't be nessesary - and freeing up 8pm.

even if it is crowded, you're still in DL!
After 9 years away, that's my thinking: It'll be great just to be there.

I'm back from my visit. I was there April 1.

8:10 - 50' before opening. Bag check line. There was about 15 people in the area! (they weren't letting people in because "the area's not secure yet". I asked "Where is everybody?"

Matterhorn (track 2) was down the first hour, so the line was long. I was already expecting long lines, so it took me 3 hours to realize - It wasn't a crowded day!.....

1st surprise was Buzz - 15' wait! at 11am
Big TH - 5-10'
M - 10-15'
Space - 25'

No wait for: POTC, Winnie, SW, teacups, monorail

And I came close to my record from 1995.......22 rides! + 2 shows

Any of you there that week? Was april 1 a fluke?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter