concierge questions

mnmom22

Mouseketeer
I hate to sound ignorant (but I probably am---at least with traveling). Can someone tell me what concierge benefits are and if it would be worth it for a last minute trip? We have been to WDW 1-2 times a year but always try to do the budget thing.This year we have decided to spend Christmas at Disneyworld. I turn 50 on Christmas eve and decided that WDW would be the best place to grow old(as mud, my kids say) It will be just me from12/18-12/22 and then my 21yo dd and 8yo ds will join me till the 27th. I'd really like this to be a special Christmas. Also does Disney have restaurants that do special Christmas meals?? I saw info on holiday things at Swan and Dolphin but haven't found much at Disney resorts.

Thanks for any info !!!!
Betsy

I can't. give you any info as we are planning our first Concierge trip in June. We feel like we have a very good reason - it's something we have always wanted to do and this will very likely be our last shot. And please, dear lady, don't talk about growing old at age 50. We share our wedding anniversay date with your birthday. Compare your 50 years of age to our 55 years of marriage. Not complaining at all - just comparing. I think you should do it and enjoy. I'm sure others with actual Concierge experience will fill you in on the benefits. One of my reasons for choosing Concierge is so my 80 year old DH will be pampered. By the way, I'm not nearly as old as he is. LOL

I'd go ahead and do concierge. It's fun. We did WL Concierge in October and are doing AKL Concierge in April.

Basically you get Cont. Breakfast from 7a-10a, Snacks around lunch, tea and pastries @ 3:30p-5:00p, wine and cheese from 5-7
(at WL wine and cheese was a lot more than just wine and cheese)-they had hot entrees,etc. Dessert and cordials from 8-10

They have coffee, tea, etc. all day and will get you pretty much anything you ask for.

The concierge desk also helps you with making PS's, you get bathrobes in your room, they provide turndown service nightly and leave little chocolates on your pillow.

Go for it-make sure and tell them it's your birthday.

What concierge are you considering?

vbfamily...Oh my, how do I ask this...is Mac 'n Cheese one of the hot entrees, or could concierge get this? Also did they have bottled water? Yes, we're "high class"...we like bottled water with our Mac 'n Cheese.

Aunt Jo- Congratulations on your Anniversary!!! Isn't it a wonderful time of year to have a celebration? I love it. I don't feel I'm old at 50. I adopted a boy 3 years ago who is now 8 ---- he keeps me young....and very busy. My kids tease me that I'm old as mud but that's not as old as dirt cuz you need dirt to make mud.
Since this is kind of a last minute trip I'll see what's available. Thanks to all who gave me info. I think I'd like to be pampered a little.

plutospup:

Mac N' Cheese was one of the entrees but it was with a white cheese that was real strong and my kids wouldn't eat it.

They had sliced pork loin one night, soups, pork sausage one night, chicken wings, etc. Some nights they had a hot soup and an entree. They also had the peanut butter and jelly roundwhiches for the kids, carrots, celery, dip, etc.

My kids ate a lot of the sliced cheese, crackers, pb & j's and they loved the cookies, pretzels and gummy worms.

They have bottled water in the afternoon and evening but it is in a glass bottle-you can either fill your own bottle or use the plastic cups with lids that they provide.

They have lemonade, juice, juice boxes and soda also.

We loved it and I'm sure they will go out of the way to get you something they don't have.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Roundwiches!!!!! Oh, life is good! Thanks for your help. DD5 will be very happy! Let's be honest...when DD5 is happy, everyone is happy! BTW the rest of the offerings sound good, too!

Betsy,

Concierge is great at any age. You did not mention what resort you will be staying in. We have been staying at the YC Concierge for years and I highly recommend it if you can afford it. Turning 50 is not that big of a deal (I did in February) but society makes us think we are somehow crossing over to the wheelchair community - NOT!!!!! But, pampering yourself at any age is definitely something I urge every one of us to do.

I think the best things about concierge are: all the free bottled water, wine, soft drinks you want (and can take back to your room for consumption in the parks); continuous snacks that you can also take back to your room and put in Ziplocs to munch on later; and, the incredible help you get in making those difficult last minute reserversations and advice on planning.

Have a great time and enjoy 50 - I have!!!

Mama Quack:bounce: :D :Pinkbounc :) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter