concierge level at VAKL amenities

yourgoingagain?

WDW and U/O AP holder
Do you think it will be different from current concierge at AKL? what does the CL at AKL offer aside from concierge service?

I am a very detailed planner (plan trips 11 months out, ADR's at 6 months, parks to visit each day, etc.) so I would not need the concierge service.

I assume it has to do with beverages and snacks.

Once VAKL opens the CL offerings would not be available to DVC on points. Oops now I see wher ethe other info is coming from!
If they offer the traditional CL that has always been there int he past, it is light food offerings and beverages as well as the ability to book the special CL level only safari.

Do you think it will be different from current concierge at AKL? what does the CL at AKL offer aside from concierge service?

I am a very detailed planner (plan trips 11 months out, ADR's at 6 months, parks to visit each day, etc.) so I would not need the concierge service.

I assume it has to do with beverages and snacks.

One big thing at the AKL for concierge guests is the Sunrise Safari. If you can book DVC Concierge stays, this would be a great thing to be able to do.

HBC

$55.00 for adults and $27.50 for kids, I do not know if there has been a price change since I last did this.

That's the quote I got for our December, 2007 visit. We did the sunrise safari in December, 2006 and loved it. I'm hoping to have AKV points to be able to rebook our 12/1/07 reservation as DVC concierge and cancel the concierge room I already have reserved for that night. We stay there concierge one night just before our Disney cruise for the express purpose of doing the sunrise safari before we get on the ship.

I think the sunrise safari includes a breakfast buffet too- and you DO need park admission- Am I right?

I think the sunrise safari includes a breakfast buffet too- and you DO need park admission- Am I right?

Yes, and the breakfast is wonderful.

The card reader machine wasn't working the day we did the safari in december so my husband's park hopper ticket never did get charged a day for the admission to the park. (I have an A/P)

Yes to both questions. When you get ready to board the buses to the park they have a hand held pass reader that they use to scan your admission tickets. the breakfast was very good and we really enjoyed the safari. I am so glad that there will be CL available to DVC since that is already teh resort I spend the majority of my cash at. I am hoping DH gets me points for my birthday! If they start selling on the first and my birthday is the seventh it could be all good!:woohoo:

I can't believe there will only be 5 concierge level rooms...the points are not that bad...they will be booked to minute 11 mos out. you know??:headache:

I can't believe there will only be 5 concierge level rooms...the points are not that bad...they will be booked to minute 11 mos out. you know??:headache:

Where did you hear there would only be 5 concierge level rooms?:confused3 I really, really doubt that is accurate.

I'm hoping that nutty's guide was wrong. I guess we will find out soon!

From Greenban's full chart thread post #37...
nuttylawprofessor said:
Guides have been given the go-ahead for discussing AKV about 5 minutes ago. All of the info I got from my guide seems to be matched perfectly to what I've seen posted.

Some additional info:

The developer points are NOT good at AK, you've got to use them elsewhere. They're good for 7 months from purchase.

Minimum add-on is 100 for incentivesn ($8/pt discount or developer points). Smaller contracts available.

There are only 5 club-level rooms. MS is going to LOOOOOVE this!

And post #44..
nuttylawprofessor said:
It's available for studio, 1BR, and 2BR. So, whatever combo of lock-offs give you the total 5, that's it. That's all she wrote. It's going to be like getting CRT, but worse. On the bright side, these will have a sav. view.

And post #60..
nuttylawprofessor said:
I could be wrong, but my understanding from my guide is 5 total. Didn't make sense to her either.

It will include all of the conceirge amenities: breakfast, snacks, planning help, opportunity to purchase sunrise safari... But the rooms will still operate on the same housekeeping schedule of DVC rooms with T&T and full cleans dependent on length of stay.

...or at least five of each room type (S,1&2) but I think that was denied.

This might lead to an apology thread by me (again!!!) but I'll go on record highly doubting this. 5 concierge rooms????? They could have that open next week if they wanted to.

There will be far more than 5 concierge rooms IMO. Tell them Dumbo71 said so.:lmao: :rotfl2: ;)

This might lead to an apology thread by me (again!!!) but I'll go on record highly doubting this. 5 concierge rooms????? They could have that open next week if they wanted to.

There will be far more than 5 concierge rooms IMO. Tell them Dumbo71 said so.:lmao: :rotfl2: ;)

I hope I am wrong too, but that's what my guide saw. I REALLY want to be wrong.

Does Disney allow guests who have stayed other nights in the week to do the safari? For instance, I stay two nights on Mon and Tuesday night; the safari is offered on Thursday and Sunday? Will make the difference of whether I book (or try to book) concierge.

Does Disney allow guests who have stayed other nights in the week to do the safari? For instance, I stay two nights on Mon and Tuesday night; the safari is offered on Thursday and Sunday? Will make the difference of whether I book (or try to book) concierge.

I don't think so. When we did the safari on a Sunday morning, there were those of us who stayed on Sat night and then a couple who was checking in to stay on Sunday. I'd call the lodge to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter