Concierge Embarkation Lunch

A few months ago, they started a proper Concierge embarkation lunch in a second MDR. On Wonder, it is in Tiana’s while embarkation lunch is in the central MDR. The main difference is that alcool is complimentary during lunch and you can have your Concierge briefing while there, instead of needing to do a trip to the lounge.
On our Dream cruise in August, we still had to go to the lounge to review our schedule after lunch. The lounge was busy but not overcrowded, so I imagine that the lunch offering is doing a good job of easing up the lounge congestion on embarkation day.

We did the concierge lunch in May and it was great. The concierge had a staff member there so if you had not been to the lounge to meet with one of the hosts, you could review your itinerary plus a bartender to serve drinks.

You had me at drinks... I know our sailing group is very much looking forward to trying out this lunch. The lounge can be so crazy with everyone packing in there.

I can’t seem to find any recent information about the concierge embarkation lunch. Are they still offering this in 2020? If so, is the menu still the same? We really enjoyed this on our last cruise in 2018 and are hoping it is still available for our cruise this July!

It has been a little while since our last cruise, the September WBTA, but it was still offered on that one. Doubt that much has changed in approximately 6 months. That probably will not go away as it is a strategy to reduce the number of people going to the lounge after concierge boarding. The staff do want to interact with the concierge guests to review itineraries and details and this give a much more controlled environment for that task.

ETA - the menu was pretty much the same as our previous concierge lunches.

On the Fantasy last week, they still had it and we thoroughly enjoyed it as usual. The Muffaletta sandwich is huge now and very delicious. It was quiet with only a few families in there.

I had it two weeks ago.
I close the salmon, poached lobster salad and the no sugar added desert.
It was enjoyable and relaxed.
It was not anywhere as quick as if you go to Cabanas though naturally. So for me it would entirely depend upon if you are in a hurry to go do something else or if you want to take a more leisurely approach.

On the Magic in 2018, we did it at Rapunzel’s and it was very nice. Good menu, low key (except for Andy’s Energy, Energy, Energy!), and nice and quiet. I would never choose Cabanas over the Concierge lunch on embarkation day. Plenty of time during the cruise to eat snacks in the lounge.

Didn't know they did a concierge lunch but I knew of the sit down option. Do they do this on the Dream? We are doing our first concierge next month and had been debating on going to the lounge or topside to eat as we usually enjoy getting on the ship early, then going to Cabanas before it gets crowded and either eating out back or taking our food to great pool side seats and eat there and start riding aquaduck. Now we have to decide between the three options...

Didn't know they did a concierge lunch but I knew of the sit down option. Do they do this on the Dream? We are doing our first concierge next month and had been debating on going to the lounge or topside to eat as we usually enjoy getting on the ship early, then going to Cabanas before it gets crowded and either eating out back or taking our food to great pool side seats and eat there and start riding aquaduck. Now we have to decide between the three options...
Yes. The Concierge lunch is held in the atrium MDR on Dream/Fantasy. if you board at the first occasion, before group 1, the host will direct you there. One host will be in the lounge if you prefer to go there before or after a Cabanas lunch, a swim or (but there’s no reason to do that unless sailing with non-concierge friends) a lunch in the regular MDR.

Does the embarkation day concierge lunch take place at a scheduled/specific time, or do you just go as you wish once you board? And apologies if this has been addressed, but I'm unclear: is it in one of the MDRs or in the concierge lounge?

Does the embarkation day concierge lunch take place at a scheduled/specific time, or do you just go as you wish once you board? And apologies if this has been addressed, but I'm unclear: is it in one of the MDRs or in the concierge lounge?
I believe it’s available for the same period of time as the regular embarkation lunch, so you can show up from the moment embarkation begins to maybe around 2PM ? We always do the Concierge pre-boarding and head directly there, but we see groups show up as they board. It is held in one of the dining rooms.

I will try and update in a couple of weeks because we are scheduled to board on the 21st. From what I have seen they have been holding it in the restaurant by the atrium and the concierge staff have walked people in right after the little welcome show. After that guests have been taken up to the lounge and rooms have been either available right then or shortly after.

Twice in September and once in December. Same menu as posted above. I love the excellent personal service and the uncrowded dining room. Being able to meet with the concierge host in the dining room is much better than in the tiny crowded/noisy lounge. The food was meh.

They took our carry on luggage and requested that we go check in at our muster station and then come back to the dining room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter