Concierge deposit question

TangledHairDon'tCare

Mouseketeer
We have a concierge room booked for myself, DH and 6yo DD. We are thinking of changing the cruise from a family vacation to a 10 year anniversary celebration and leaving DD with the grandparents. Will we lose her portion of the deposit if we remove her from the reservation?
Thank you!

I asked this question when I called DCL a few months ago and was told yes, we would lose the deposit for the canceled person and could not apply that money to the rest of the stateroom. I was told the only option to save the money would be to book a new future cruise that included the canceled person, then their deposit could be transferred to that sailing.

I am guessing changing the cruiser to another one (keeping the same total number of cruisers as the original reservation) won't save the deposit either, right?

LAX

I am guessing changing the cruiser to another one (keeping the same total number of cruisers as the original reservation) won't save the deposit either, right?

LAX

Unfortunately not. The deposit is for that person and therefore it would only be if that person were travelling that they could use it. It may make a difference however that she is a child so it might be worth ringing and checking with DCL

Unfortunately not. The deposit is for that person and therefore it would only be if that person were travelling that they could use it. It may make a difference however that she is a child so it might be worth ringing and checking with DCL

Not 100% sure about this. I have changed names on a concierge reservation without losing any deposits. This was before PIF. In fact, I booked the room with one party "TBD Welch" (sibling was not sure they were coming). Was not an issue.

Unfortunately I believe you will lose the deposit associated with DD's fare. Can you push out this reservation to a future "family cruise" and book new for the anniversary cruise? That may not work well if the price has increased considerably, but balance the price increase against the lost 3rd person deposit to see which is a better option for you.

Thank you everybody! I think we’ll push the cruise out until DD can be vaccinated and book something else (maybe another cruise) for our anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter