Concierge Cocktail Cart

KMack

Mouseketeer
I have only sailed Concierge on the Magic. I adore the afternoon/evening cocktail cart that comes to the Suites. Do the Dream and the Fantasy also have in-suite Cocktail service?

Thanks.

K

I have only sailed Concierge on the Magic. I adore the afternoon/evening cocktail cart that comes to the Suites. Do the Dream and the Fantasy also have in-suite Cocktail service?

Thanks.

K
There was an evening cocktail cart in concierge on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago!

There was an evening cocktail cart in concierge on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago!
Good to know... I am booked on The Dream in January and was sooooooo hoping there would be cocktail service. I loved to sit on the verandah with my plate of antipasti and a drink before dinner. Divine...

(Remarkably, no matter what I do at home, no cocktail cart miraculously appears before dinner!)

Loved this on the Wonder in October. This is the one Covid related change that I hope stays. 😊

There were drinks in the lounge for sure! I stand to be corrected but I think they were available from 5-10.

The cocktail cart comes around twice in the early evening (probably between 5-6 and 7-8, if I were to guess).

Does anyone know if the cart services all of the concierge staterooms or just the suites? Asking for a friend... or maybe myself as I get ready to select a stateroom for a future cruise.

Does anyone know if the cart services all of the concierge staterooms or just the suites? Asking for a friend... or maybe myself as I get ready to select a stateroom for a future cruise.

I saw a vlog recently (I think they sailed NYE 2022) and the family was staying on a regular verandah concierge room and they showed the cart coming by before dinner. Very happy about this and hoping to partake in April!

It's all concirege staterooms. We were in a 3A and got cart service. 😀

You can definitely still get drinks in the lounge, the cart is just an extra bonus. The people doing the cart are different than the lounge bartender.

The cocktail cart was a highlight of the afternoon/evening! The staff made sure it was fun!

The cart is a great idea. Too bad the bartenders running the cart and in the lounge don't know how to make drinks correctly.

What sorts of things were available from the cart. Also, if they are different than the lounge bartenders did you just tip them serperatly in cash?

Good to know... I am booked on The Dream in January and was sooooooo hoping there would be cocktail service. I loved to sit on the verandah with my plate of antipasti and a drink before dinner. Divine...

(Remarkably, no matter what I do at home, no cocktail cart miraculously appears before dinner!)

Listening to the sleet and freezing rain hit my windows right now. I wish the cocktail cart would pull up to my house tonight! 😂 🍸🍷🥃🌞🌺🌴🛳

The cart is a great idea. Too bad the bartenders running the cart and in the lounge don't know how to make drinks correctly.

That is disappointing to hear. I’ve never heard people complain on here about the bartenders before. Can you be more specific with your experience? (Like which ship, what drinks, etc).

That is disappointing to hear. I’ve never heard people complain on here about the bartenders before. Can you be more specific with your experience? (Like which ship, what drinks, etc).
Fantasy. Negronis with simple syrup and soda water. Old fashioneds with a mess of muddled fruit and soda water.

I will counter with my wonderful experiences with the lounge bar staff. On my most recent cruise (First Wonder sailing post pandemic) we had a fantastic bartender. I am completely blanking on her name. She has been with DCL from the beginning.

Regarding muddled old fashioneds I just told them don't do that. In many bars that is how they do it, but it's not how I like it. I prefer Luxardos and fresh orange peel. No muddling.

What sorts of things were available from the cart. Also, if they are different than the lounge bartenders did you just tip them serperatly in cash?
We got additional envelopes from Guest Services and tipped our Cocktail Cart bartenders generously on the last night when they came around for our final cocktail service.

I bartended my way through three degrees and I have no complaints on how the bar staff in any of the bars make or serve their drinks. Are they going to be making complex, obscure cocktails? Probably not. But they have certainly made less common drinks that I have asked them for with which they were unfamiliar according to the instructions I provided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter