Concierge/Club Level Information - Part II (Sept 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back last night from another wonderful stay at the BWI. We had a wonderful time, as always. My niece and 3 of her friends were so very impressed with the cast, the service and just everything!! They ran the 1/2 marathon and had a ball.

Love bugs were almost all gone when we left. We really never had an issue with them except for the 1st couple days. Had room 4235, BW view right across from the lounge. We only went into the parks for 4 out of the 8 days there. We had just been there in August, so parks were not high on the priority list. We did attend the Halloween Party on Tuesday the 28th. I loved the parade. We really had fun.

:thumbsup2

So glad you had a great trip!

BWI CL = our favorite CL experience at WDW.

Any thoughts on doing online check in for concierge? I should add we are checking in to poly cl next wed when the system is down so I didn't know if that would make a difference? Thank you!
Personally I don't think it's worth it because when you arrive a Club Level Cast Member is always there to meet you and take you to the lounge of your resort where you can check-in.

the lounges don't leave food out on teh counters at night, but we always sit in the Grand Floridian RPC lounge at all hours of the day/night and get beverages as we please. Is that what you meant by open?

I just read on the restaurant boards that from November 29 - December 14 Kouzzina will be closed for refurbishment and I am wondering what will that mean for the hot food offerings in the Boardwalk Innkeeper's Club, since that is where the food comes from and it just so happens to be that my family and I will be there from December 9 - 23 during that time. Anyway here is exactly what is said about it's refurbishment and all the details.

Kouzzina by Cat Cora will undergo refurbishment from Nov. 29-Dec. 14 and reopening Dec. 15 to add new signage, new outdoor seating and a new merchandise area. During the closure, guests can enjoy breakfast a la carte breakfast at Flying Fish Cafe as well as regular dinner offerings at Disney’s BoardWalk. The pizza window will remain open during the refurbishment. When the restaurant reopens, inside the lobby, a special arrival awaits telling the story of Cat Cora and the interior of the restaurant will showcase a functioning olive oil display.

I think we have to clarify what is meant by the club being "open." My understanding is that some clubs were offering beverage service 24 hours.

Some CL Lounges are designed such that they have an entrance door or gate that is locked at the appropriate hour (10PM) and access to that area is then unavailable.

Other CL Lounges are designed such that they are generally accessible at all hours due to not having closed in walls and doors.

I've not stayed in all the resort CLs, but of the one's I've been in, the presence of a 1/2 sized refrigerator is what dictates the availability of sodas/juices etc. after hours, (some CLs use an ice tub to serve cold drinks). These drinks are not re-stocked throughout the night and once they're gone, they're gone. Sometimes the remaining snacks or whole-fruit pieces will be left out as well and are available until depleted.

GF- Sugar Loaf is accessible 24/7 and has a refrigerator
Poly is accessible 24/7 and has a fridge
BWI is locked & inaccessible
WL is locked & inaccessible

Others may add to this list or correct my info. We all know how things change. :)

Some CL Lounges are designed such that they have an entrance door or gate that is locked at the appropriate hour (10PM) an access to that area is then unavailable.

Other CL Lounges are designed such that they are generally accessible at all hours due to not having closed in walls and doors.

I've not stayed in all the resort CLs, but of the one's I've been in, the presence of a 1/2 sized refrigerator is what dictates the availability of sodas/juices etc. after hours. These drinks are not re-stocked throughout the night and once they're gone, they're gone. Sometimes the remaining snacks or whole-fruit pieces will be left out as well and are available until depleted.

GF- Sugar Loaf is accessible 24/7 and has a refrigerator
Poly is accessible 24/7 and has a fridge
BWI is locked & inaccessible
WL is locked & inaccessible

Others may add to this list or correct my info. We all know how things change. :)

Well said. Just to add to the list:

AKL -- accessible 24/7 and has a fridge
BC -- closed and locked at 10pm
YC -- closed and locked at 10pm
GF RPC -- accessible 24/7

I would like to add that just because a lounge is open you can't count on there being anything there left to drink. When we were at the Poly, around 10:30 the fridge was completely empty (probably people took stuff out to drink). Just don't count on it. ;) The ones that close are the only ones that can be closed -- there is just no way to close the other one's up without adding some sort of barrier to stop people from entering.

the lounges don't leave food out on teh counters at night, but we always sit in the Grand Floridian RPC lounge at all hours of the day/night and get beverages as we please. Is that what you meant by open?
Yes that is what I meant by open. At the Polynesian we were able to have drinks and relax in the lounge late at night as well. I'm not a huge night owl, but it is nice to have it as an option. Looking forward to staying in RPC sometime- I've heard great things about it.

And I'm looking forward to my first stay at the CR Atrium Club in a couple of weeks!

Well said. Just to add to the list:

AKL -- accessible 24/7 and has a fridge
BC -- closed and locked at 10pm
YC -- closed and locked at 10pm
GF RPC -- accessible 24/7

I would like to add that just because a lounge is open you can't count on there being anything there left to drink. When we were at the Poly, around 10:30 the fridge was completely empty (probably people took stuff out to drink). Just don't count on it. ;) The ones that close are the only ones that can be closed -- there is just no way to close the other one's up without adding some sort of barrier to stop people from entering.

Hi y'all! I've been at WDW for 11 days; just got home late last night!

I do want to report that the AKL Lounge has been remodeled. Desks brought forward and kids area added behind that. (They are planning to add Wii for the kids in the near future!!) The main TV now has ESPN on; kids area has Disney Channel!! The place looks great! :thumbsup2 The refrigerator has been moved over to the main area, by the trash can. Although this may change again, for now, it is emptied nightly. So while the lounge is accessible 24/7, don't count on finding any cold beverages after 10pm.

I am so excited!!! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Finally only 10 days to go until we check in at the Poly for the start of our split stay. I am so very tempted to do online check in because then it will feel even more real but I am resisting the temptation.
I have read reports that when you do the online check in and get your packet they dont always drive you to the Hawaii building because your all set already. I know my girls would like the ride on the golf cart.

I have convinced my DDs that we aren't going until Dec. At least I think I have. My oldest keeps reading over my shoulder when I am posting to try and catch me typing October. She did once but I erased it and she said see you put October. I had to fib and say yep I did but I took it out because I made a mistake.
When they ask about the luggage I tell them that it is just because I am that good of a planner and who needs shorts in WI in Oct., Nov. and Dec. ;)

The Contemporary Atrium Club lounge is open 24 hours, however at 10:00 PM everything is taken away and unless you just want to sit there or something there is no reason to be in there.

That's good to hear- in case I need to sneak away from my loving famy for a moment to myself! :thumbsup2

Don't they all sort of have the same basic hours?

6:30 coffee
7:30 - 10:30 breakfast
not sure on afternoon hours
5:00 - 7:00 evening offerings
8:00 - 10:00 dessert

That has been my experience with their hours when staying Club Level at the Contemporary, Polynesian and Boardwalk Inn. As for the afternoon hours with the various snacks it's always been from 11:30 AM - 4:30 PM.

That's good to hear- in case I need to sneak away from my loving famy for a moment to myself! :thumbsup2
Just remember should you want to do that they also turn off all the lights in the lounge, close the blinds and turn off both TV's so it's going to be dark in there, although there is some light from the main hallway of the 12th floor.

We're staying club level at the WL in December for the first time. Does anyone know what the food offerings have been recently?

Thanks!

Hi y'all! I've been at WDW for 11 days; just got home late last night!

I do want to report that the AKL Lounge has been remodeled. Desks brought forward and kids area added behind that. (They are planning to add Wii for the kids in the near future!!) The main TV now has ESPN on; kids area has Disney Channel!! The place looks great! :thumbsup2 The refrigerator has been moved over to the main area, by the trash can. Although this may change again, for now, it is emptied nightly. So while the lounge is accessible 24/7, don't count on finding any cold beverages after 10pm.

That sounds great. When we were there Oct 08 there wasn't any kids area so I think that will be a great improvement. We'll be there June 2011 and can't wait! Do you have any pics??

Basically, except at AKL and GF they have a food service in between the mid-day snacks and the evening offerings where they add a few items -- it's "afternoon tea" complete with little cookies, scones, and Devonshire cream... :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter