Concierge Alcohol

CruisinMiniVanMom

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide if we should buy drink packages if we have done concierge. If you get drinks from the lounge, can you take them to your room or throughout the ship? To dinner? Is alcohol only free 5pm-10pm? If you request for your room, is there a charge? Any tips/tricks/advice appreciated!

We are trying to decide if we should buy drink packages if we have done concierge. If you get drinks from the lounge, can you take them to your room or throughout the ship? To dinner? Is alcohol only free 5pm-10pm? If you request for your room, is there a charge? Any tips/tricks/advice appreciated!
I have only cruised a couple of times with DCL and most recently in February. I don't know of an alcohol package except the "wine/beer". They don't have the prepaid drink package like other cruise lines.

The alcohol was available 5-10 aka "happy hour" but you could get a drink by request-not at like 6am but mid day was no issue.

You can bring beer from the lounge to your room. They will also give you a glass of wine/drink to take back with you to your room or to dinner or wherever.

edit to add:

We also purchased the "drink of day" and it was around $6 per drink. To be honest, the drinks from the pool bars and lounges are not expensive and very convenient.

I only cruised Concierge once back in 2014. I would take drinks back to our room. You could probably walk around with them, but I don’t think you can bring them into dining room. But I may be wrong.

Concierge has two cocktail hours a night for both dinner seatings. And I believe they are open late night for snacks and drinks. I don’t remember the times, probably 5-9pm and then later. You do not pay for anything from concierge lounge.

Hopefully, someone who cruises concierge more often can give the correct answers.😎👍🏻

I only cruised Concierge once back in 2014. I would take drinks back to our room. You could probably walk around with them, but I don’t think you can bring them into dining room. But I may be wrong.

Concierge has two cocktail hours a night for both dinner seatings. And I believe they are open late night for snacks and drinks. I don’t remember the times, probably 5-9pm and then later. You do not pay for anything from concierge lounge.

Hopefully, someone who cruises concierge more often can give the correct answers.😎👍🏻
They are much more generous with the drinks these days. Happy hour runs from 5-10pm continuously. And yes, you can take your drinks anywhere on the ship including the dining room. Snacks and non alcoholic drinks are available from 7am-10pm continuously.

My husband and I were discussing this. In the past we've purchased a wine package to have wine at dinner each night, and additionally carried a bottle or two on for a drink when getting ready or such. Our first concierge sailing is coming up and we've decided with the cocktail cart and the lounge we won't carry any on. (This is convenient since we're sailing out of Vancouver so it would require a trip to the store in Canada before embarkation.) I think we're going to wing it this time since it appears we'll have plenty of access to alcohol in the lounge as desired in the evening. And we can always grab a drink of the day or something earlier if desired!

I think we’ve reached the same conclusion. We are flying in the evening before our cruise and have decided that it isn’t worth the bother of getting a taxi to a store to buy wine to bring on board. We’ll be fine with what’s available in the lounge (hopefully!).

The alcohol was available 5-10 aka "happy hour" but you could get a drink by request-not at like 6am but mid day was no issue
Do you just ask the hosts during the day for a drink? I have always wondered if they would give us a beer outside of the Happy Hours but never asked.

Honestly I never knew this was a thing, I just order drinks when I want them and have never been told no. I always get the beer mug on Day 1.

I’m always curious and looking for new things to try, what is everyone’s go to drink order? I’ve always been a mojito or a champagne girl.

When we've done Dream Concierge I've only availed myself of the Wine/Spirits during Happy Hour. Not sure if the policy has been updated since we no longer cruise DCL. Our current cruise line of choice allows free W&S throughout the ships

You can absolutely bring drinks into the dinning room. we go to the lounge for a pre-dinner drink and then get a glass of wine for dinner.

i have sailed concierge twice in the past
3rd time coming in Oct and my in-laws have done it about 9 times. in the past me and the wife would both go get a couple drinks each and bring them back to the room and get ready for dinner then on our way to dinner we would stop in again and get what we call a road pop for the trip to the dinning room. they will also do anything in their power to get you what ever type of alcohol you may want. my mother in law has a drink that she really loves and they always seem to find some for her. dont be afraid to ask them for anything the worse thing they will say is sorry we are unable to get that or help you on that. but i have never seen or heard of them saying no. also dont forget to stop by before you go to the theatre and get a bag of free popcorn for the show. and i dont know if they still do but if you have kids you can ask for cookies and milk for a bed time snack and it will be sent to your room at a time you request.

i have sailed concierge twice in the past
3rd time coming in Oct and my in-laws have done it about 9 times. in the past me and the wife would both go get a couple drinks each and bring them back to the room and get ready for dinner then on our way to dinner we would stop in again and get what we call a road pop for the trip to the dinning room. they will also do anything in their power to get you what ever type of alcohol you may want. my mother in law has a drink that she really loves and they always seem to find some for her. dont be afraid to ask them for anything the worse thing they will say is sorry we are unable to get that or help you on that. but i have never seen or heard of them saying no. also dont forget to stop by before you go to the theatre and get a bag of free popcorn for the show. and i dont know if they still do but if you have kids you can ask for cookies and milk for a bed time snack and it will be sent to your room at a time you request.
And the cookies and milk can be done through room service for everyone. We have done concierge twice and are (fingers crossed) on the Magic in June for the Greek Isles in Concierge. The staff are just amazing and they really just want you to be as happy as possible. The bar staff love to figure out what you like. My parents who go with us have a set drink. The bar staff figured this out very quickly and always were ready for them. I am a bit more of a challenge as I never knew what I wanted so it became a game. The bar staff would always try and surprise me with something. And on vacation I do like to have a glass of Baileys on ice before bed. After the second night they would always have that ready for me and I would just bring it back to the room for the fridge. In the past the only thing they couldn't do were blender drinks. But I just saw a picture of someone having one so that might have changed.

If you have a specific drink that you love request it on your Preference sheet for your Shore excursions etc. If they know about it ahead of time then it's easier for them to have the drinks on hand in the Lounge for your arrival and the rest of your cruise. We requested Moet Ice Wine and Guiness for our trip in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter