Concerned about new Frozen ride wait times (low capacity)

There's how you deal with the crowd!

Instead of a height requirement, every would-be Frozen rider (or their grown up if they're under 2) must either eat a pickled herring or some lutefisk.

There's how you deal with the crowd!

Instead of a height requirement, every would-be Frozen rider (or their grown up if they're under 2) must either eat a pickled herring or some lutefisk.
:rotfl2:
Can't wait for the threads complaining about all of the "drunk" families coming out of Frozen and quickly "looking" in the bushes.

The waits will be what they are, and as the parent of a 5 year old girl I will be waiting in that line, so I don't really want to complain just to complain but.....

I only rode Maelstrom twice so I'm no Maelstrom expert. But my memory is that those boats didn't hold a ton of people, and it took a long time to load and launch them. I just looked at youtube and there are 4 rows with 2-4 people per row. And 1 boat looks to launch every 20 seconds. So that's a max of 16 people * 3 = 46 people per minute * 60 = 2,700 people per hour.

It just seems like a really small capacity for the demand. I wish Disney had torn down the old Maelstrom completely and built a brand new attraction with a better capacity.

I see trouble ahead!
If you don't want to wait, get a Fast Pass or don't wait. Easy enough.

This was my concern, too.
Maelstrom could get a pretty sizeable line on a good day, as its one of the few rides in World Showcase. But adding a Frozen overlay? That thing will always extend outside the building. I wonder if they will expand the indoor queue area.

Personally, if I didn't have 3 and 5 year old princesses I wouldn't be interested. Maybe just to see the changes but only if I had a fast pass.

If the capacity estimate of 2700/hr is accurate, that's not "low capacity". It would actually be among the higher capacity attractions at WDW

If one hunts around, TouringPlans may have actual capacity figures somewhere on their site.

I'm positive the OP just made up 2700 based on a youtube video of the loading area. I don't think it's a very accurate estimate.

Okay, call me crazy, but Maelstrom opened at 11am.

Simply opening the Frozen ride at 9am will increase capacity by 1/6 without changing anything at all.

Also, many times we saw Maelstrom queue completely empty, especially at night.

No doubt, this will have a wait when it first opens, but so did Mission: Space.

Like 7DMT at MK, anyone who gets in line pre-Epcot closing gets to ride. On busy weeks, 7DMT easily runs half an hour later than Little Mermaid or Barnstormer. Keep Frozen open half an hour past the closing of Epcot, and the amount of daily riders goes up another 1/24.

Okay, call me crazy, but Maelstrom opened at 11am.

Simply opening the Frozen ride at 9am will increase capacity by 1/6 without changing anything at all.

Also, many times we saw Maelstrom queue completely empty, especially at night.

No doubt, this will have a wait when it first opens, but so did Mission: Space.

Like 7DMT at MK, anyone who gets in line pre-Epcot closing gets to ride. On busy weeks, 7DMT easily runs half an hour later than Little Mermaid or Barnstormer. Keep Frozen open half an hour past the closing of Epcot, and the amount of daily riders goes up another 1/24.

exactly - we were there when Anna/ Elsa started meeting at 11 am and it was a zoo. When they brightened up and let them start meeting at 9 am things were much better (you don't want to know how many trips we met them!) I suspect they'll have both the meet / greet (not sure when that's scheduled to open date-wise) and the ride opening at 9 am from the start.

It's based on height, not age, but essentially yes. It always struck me that the Barnstormer might benefit from a similar rule.

Why?

When last we rode Barnstormer, it was a major holiday week (Maybe Easter?). We STILL didn't wait very long for it (part of why we did was that everything else had longer waits).

We compare it to Hippogriff at US. Before HP, The Hippogriff ride also had un-memorable theming. (dragon, I think) In truth , they didn't add all that much theming, but it is SO much more fun now. Admittedly, the ride benefits from being next door to Hogwarts. (You get a nice view of the castle from Hippogriff).

Disney missed a big opportunity to improve Barnstormer with better theming!

Better than an age limit- only people who can sing a Frozen song start to finish.

If I have to listen to more of "let it go" on Disney property, I will be one less person standing in the line up for the ride and one more person in world showcase buying alcoholic drinks.

If I have to listen to more of "let it go" on Disney property, I will be one less person standing in the line up for the ride and one more person in world showcase buying alcoholic drinks.
guess we won't be seeing you in the Frozen Sing Along any time soon.....? :-)

I'm positive the OP just made up 2700 based on a youtube video of the loading area. I don't think it's a very accurate estimate.
If the video allows one to estimate dispatch interval and boat capacity, it's probably pretty good. And it's a safe bet that the new attraction will be designed to give the best capacity they can with the existing infrastructure.

If the video allows one to estimate dispatch interval and boat capacity, it's probably pretty good. And it's a safe bet that the new attraction will be designed to give the best capacity they can with the existing infrastructure.
Here's hoping they don't make it a "water ride" like POTC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter