Concerned about new Frozen ride wait times (low capacity)

I remember when Maelstrom first opened-the waits were crazy long. The queue snaked out of the building and in front of Akershus and at times it was congested. It will be interesting to see how FP+ plays into the line-I wonder if it will be straight FP+ guests like they have done with TSMM as op had mentioned.

Write to Guest Communications and suggest that the line be restricted to families with children 8 years or younger ONLY until the end of the year... or make the attraction an up-charge (like the go-karts in a Six Flags park...).
Joking right? I paid just as much as the parents of kids under 8.

We cancelled our plans for our May trip after they cancelled Star Wars Weekends .... I have to admit I'm going to enjoy watching/ reading Disboards when this ride opens. I'm sure we'll experience it when we're down in September (staying onsite!) - I'm hoping by then some of the chaos would have died down :-)

4 hours for MIB!! I will never understand the mindset of someone willing to wait in a line like that....I wont wait 20 mins for a flu shot....More power to them. Frees up other things.
We did not wait for 4 hours because we had an early park entry. But, right when we were getting ready to get on (there were 2 other parties in front of us) it broke down. We ended up getting front of the line passes, though the delay caused the wait time to soar. That, and Will Smith was there.
Back on topic: I don't see Disney doing anything to limit who gets on the new ride. They may make a waiting area that will keep the line from jamming up everything in the area, though.

That may work for an unannounced test, but it would cause chaos if done that way on a regular basis. It wouldnt take long for people to find out that the first few hundred people to get to a line can get in and everyone else is shut out entirely. What they do now would make a lot more sense. Several thousand guests get reservations, and some smaller percentage can experience the attraction as long as they are willing to wait. And keeping the posted wait time longer than the actually expected wait time will ensure that there aren't too many people in that line.

So, I say the same thing I said last year. I don't think any of the new rides will be totally FP only. They may be de facto FP only for people who are unwilling to wait in a 60-90 minute line or participate in a rope drop dash. And, the more popular they are, the more difficult it will be to get FPs.

As for the small pavilion, we don't know what the area will be like when all construction is complete. The entrance to the ride may come from behind or to the side of the building and not from the front where the Maelstrom entrance was. And there may be a lot more queue space inside the building than there was for Maelstrom.
It's a small pavilion and moving the entrance won't change that. The area is surrounded by other buildings and a lake so that can't be helped.

We cancelled our plans for our May trip after they cancelled Star Wars Weekends .... I have to admit I'm going to enjoy watching/ reading Disboards when this ride opens. I'm sure we'll experience it when we're down in September (staying onsite!) - I'm hoping by then some of the chaos would have died down :-)
I'm thinking of being at my PC with a glass of aquavit to perhaps marvel at the craziness.

If the capacity estimate of 2700/hr is accurate, that's not "low capacity". It would actually be among the higher capacity attractions at WDW.

Considering that it would be about 15x that for a typical meet/greet, and the fact that the scope of the attraction is not a large one, my sense is that lines for this attraction will be more manageable than some here are fearing.

If one hunts around, TouringPlans may have actual capacity figures somewhere on their site.

It's a small pavilion and moving the entrance won't change that. The area is surrounded by other buildings and a lake so that can't be helped.

I thought the reports were that there was going to be significant building in areas between the Mexico and Norway pavilions that are not now accessible to the public. That would include the area for the meet and greet, so it seems possible for the ride entrance to come from there and not from the Norway plaza.

I guess we'll see.

Tier 1 FP or not, if they can manage to make the queue go through Kringla Bakery - I'll be good.

Norway: the Indian Railway experience. Come learn what it's like to be jam packed against 2,000 other people within a 5 foot radius. Also, there are viking hats.
And lutefisk!
Hmmm how far away are the frozen margaritas? Waiting in line for the Frozen ride could really get interesting.
I'm sure the line will proceed thru Mexico...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter