Complimentary soft drink availability

PJ

Mouseketeer
Can't remember from our Wonder cruise, and we're booked on the Fantasy next January. Are there complimentary fountain drinks available other than at the restaurants?
Never mind - I just found the answer but couldn't delete the post. 😊

Just in case anyone wanders into the thread and is curious to the answer - fountain beverages are complimentary in the dining rooms and on the pool decks. The pool deck stations are generally open 24/7. Any soda ordered via room service, in a bar or at Preludes/in the theater, will come in a can and attracts a charge. :)

Yes there are machines on Deck 9 on Magic and Wonder, and deck 11 on Dream and Fantasy

Just in case anyone wanders into the thread and is curious to the answer - fountain beverages are complimentary in the dining rooms and on the pool decks. The pool deck stations are generally open 24/7. Any soda ordered via room service, in a bar or at Preludes/in the theater, will come in a can and attracts a charge. :)
Soda machines were shut down from sometime at night until about 6 am when I cruised last fall. I never saw posted times.

Beverage stations generally are closed from midnight to 6am

On every DCL cruise we've been on the beverage stations have been open 24 hours. The hours have always been listed that way in the Navigator as well. Still true this January on the Fantasy.

On every DCL cruise we've been on the beverage stations have been open 24 hours. The hours have always been listed that way in the Navigator as well. Still true this January on the Fantasy.
This was not my experience on the Magic in September 2019. I'd et up early to go walking and wouldnt have access to water fir the first hour or so. I never thought to look in the Navigator for drink station times and didnt notice it listed, though I'd guess it probably was.

This was not my experience on the Magic in September 2019. I'd et up early to go walking and wouldnt have access to water fir the first hour or so. I never thought to look in the Navigator for drink station times and didnt notice it listed, though I'd guess it probably was.

Was the drink station cordoned off? Or no cups? Or do you mean the water dispenser on deck four (if there is one....I know there is one on the Fantasy but don't remember on the classic ships).

I checked a random Navigator from a January 2020 cruise on the Magic which did list the beverage station (located on deck 9 on the classic ships ) as open 24 hours.

Was the drink station cordoned off? Or no cups? Or do you mean the water dispenser on deck four (if there is one....I know there is one on the Fantasy but don't remember on the classic ships).

You could still approach the soda fountains but when you pressed the dispenser lever nothing would happen. I always got water at the sods fountains. There may have been a traditional water fountain on deck 4 but I didnt really hang out on that deck, walked the top decks.

I checked a random Navigator from a January 2020 cruise on the Magic which did list the beverage station (located on deck 9 on the classic ships ) as open 24 hours.
Maybe sailing/ region dependent?

If you order a 'canned' soda (Root Beer for example) at dinner, it is not complimentary

Can't remember from our Wonder cruise, and we're booked on the Fantasy next January. Are there complimentary fountain drinks available other than at the restaurants?
Never mind - I just found the answer but couldn't delete the post. 😊

There’s a good chance all self serve fountain and food areas will be a thing of the past.

My Husband works 3 am shifts so when we are on cruises he's usually up around 3. He has never mentioned issues with the drink stations on the Magic or Fantasy getting coffee in the early morning hours. (He hasn't sailed on the Dream or Wonder)

There was one time they had pulled everything apart for cleaning overnight, they had someone go get him coffee from room service and delivered it to him up on Deck.

Hmmm...last summer on the Magic I was able to get Hot Cocoa (from a packet) around midnight one night, and soda after 1 am a different night.
Maybe, like I suggested earlier its sailing dependant or maybe I just got unlucky and they had stuff off to clean them. After that one time I dont think I went to bed without 2 refilled bottles so that I could exercise in the morning and still have water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter