• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Complicated Tron question

meagarunt22

Obsessed
I will be rope dropping solo and my daughter won't be at the park until 1-2 pm once her dance convention is done for the day. I won't even be able to book her for the queue if she's not inside the park with me right?

What are my options? If the queue is out when we get her to MK in June (I'm sure it will be), then is my only choice to buy her on? If I do that will I be able to get them to allow her on for the same time as I ride? I doubt I'll be able to get her time to line up with my boarding group. I'm hoping I can walk up and explain and they'll switch one of our times but I know I can't bet on that for sure.

For the 7 am virtual cue, you don't have to be in the park to join. So you could book her with you.

The challenge is not knowing when your boarding group will be called. I'm guessing it will be past 1-2, though.

You could buy 2 paid LL or just take your chances with your boarding group call back time. They aren’t going to let you in the LL with a vq spot- separate lines.

A couple of options are:
a) Try at 7AM to get VQ for both of you. If you are successful but return time is before she arrives, you can let them expire and then if she's in the park by 1PM, try again but she would need to have entered the park for you to try again. If she has not tapped in she would not be eligible for a VQ

b) Try at 7AM and hope for a late return time. More than once our 7AM VQ has been called later than 1PM but it's really luck of the draw

c) Purchase ILL$ for both - safest route if you want to ride together.

Last edited:

Thanks everyone. The only time I used the VQ for Tron was in August and September and we called called the first hour the 3 weeks we were there... so if it's usually a later return time that would be much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter