Complicated Magical Express question for me

godisneyboat

Earning My Ears
Our Plans have been completely changed, we had an early arrival to MCO and was going to take a car to POP Century. Traveling with family of 4 and daughters boyfriend (17year old) who is not on our reservation. His family arriving later that day and staying offsite. Now due to work I will be arriving on a later flight. Question is since there will now be four arriving can they take the Magical Express with him using my band and when I arrive go to Mears and pay for transportation? I am trying to make it easier for them by themselves.

Here's the issue.....if it is an issue.....when you get to the turnstiles, you have to tap your MB, then do the finger press thing. I assume (knowing what happens when you assume!!) that now,, your finger is connected with that particular MB. So, dh might not be able to use that MB when he gets to WDW. Now, I'm not completely sure that will be the case, but it might be.

Here's the issue.....if it is an issue.....when you get to the turnstiles, you have to tap your MB, then do the finger press thing. I assume (knowing what happens when you assume!!) that now,, your finger is connected with that particular MB. So, dh might not be able to use that MB when he gets to WDW. Now, I'm not completely sure that will be the case, but it might be.
That is a good point. It has been over a year since we last rode the ME and we did not do a finger scan at the airport. Are they doing that there now?

That is a good point. It has been over a year since we last rode the ME and we did not do a finger scan at the airport. Are they doing that there now?

Not as of June. OP - you should be fine. He will use your band at the airport to ride ME, you will arrive later and take it back from him for park usage.

But OP is asking if the 4 people staying offsite can use her MB to take the DME. The answer would be no because each rider needs a MB to use DME.

But OP is asking if the 4 people staying offsite can use her MB to take the DME. The answer would be no because each rider needs a MB to use DME.
No, they are asking if the boyfriend can use his (OP) MB since he (OP) won't be traveling with them. He will arrive later and will take Mears to their resort.
I honestly can't remember if we did the finger scan at MCO...maybe not! If that's the case, then yes, the bf can use that MB.

No, they are asking if the boyfriend can use his (OP) MB since he (OP) won't be traveling with them. He will arrive later and will take Mears to their resort.
I honestly can't remember if we did the finger scan at MCO...maybe not! If that's the case, then yes, the bf can use that MB.

No - you don't finger scan at DME, in fact our last two trips (including just 3 weeks ago) they only needed one MB per party.
So the op's plan should work.

You do not scan your finger for the DME, they only scan the magicband... they only scan your finger is for park entry.

The reservation for my family each and every trip has been to scan any one magic band, didn't even have to be mine. And as long as I had a DME reservation for 5 people, they didn't care which 5 I was taking. They never checked to see who was who.

Great Info guys, thanks a lot for the replies.....Anyone know the cost of taking Mears to Disney, I will have my reservation information so thinking I should not have a problem taking Mears.

Great Info guys, thanks a lot for the replies.....Anyone know the cost of taking Mears to Disney, I will have my reservation information so thinking I should not have a problem taking Mears.
About $20. I don't think you can prebook a ride to a WDW resort, but you can just walk up and pay. Many times, you pay, they give you your ticket/voucher, and they put you on a DME bus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter