Completed PTR - California or Bust!... But first we WDW! Last Change 3/10

I haven't updated here in a while so I thought I would drop in and just give two or three quick updates.

First this was announced! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universal-studios-reveals-opening-date-847334 :woohoo:But will i be able to fit it in?:scratchin The good news is if i can't fit it in, it looks like there is a September trip in the works (Non Disney) where I can probably squeeze a day in.

I also got a new park bag!!!! I am very excited about it!
IMG_0724.JPG

Flights have not come down in price at all. I think it is mostly due to flying into San Diego and out of LA, but who knows. The September trips flight prices are way more reasonable.

With park hours not announced till 45-60 days out and not being able to book ADRs till then either there isn't to much else to say here. But after I am done with my TR I will hopefully go back to more detailed day by day plans :-)

That is an awesome park bag! Where did you get it?

Good luck on flight prices. Since SouthWest doesn't even announce November or December ones for awhile, I haven't even looked for our trip.

I love that bag!!!

I'm also trying to fit Harry Potter into my schedule for my next DL trip (not that I know when that will be or how long it will be). I'm super excited it opening in California!!

That sucks about the flight prices. I hate when you can't find a good flight at the right price!

Excellent park bag! Boo about flights - it's like the airlines are out to be profitable... sheesh!

Thanks, i am really excited about the bag! :rotfl2:<---- I mean why do they have try and make money! I need to get to CALI! what nerve they have!

That is an awesome park bag! Where did you get it?

Good luck on flight prices. Since SouthWest doesn't even announce November or December ones for awhile, I haven't even looked for our trip.

I wish southwest was more of an option for us to fly, they don't fly out of Newark to many places, so we haven't taken them, maybe in the future.

I love that bag!!!

I'm also trying to fit Harry Potter into my schedule for my next DL trip (not that I know when that will be or how long it will be). I'm super excited it opening in California!!

That sucks about the flight prices. I hate when you can't find a good flight at the right price!

Thank you! I am so excited about the bag!

I know I love me some Harry, I need to fit in a trip to see him in Florida again too!

I know i have a feeling if prices start going up i will just suck it up and buy it, or about 2 months out if nothing has changed... which ever comes first. After work slows down (end of January) I will probably check every day for flights if not many times a day.

I also got a new park bag!!!! I am very excited about it!
img_0724-jpg.141016
Okay, that is TOO CUTE!

Just like everyone else, loving that bag! I think Monster's Inc is really underappreciated.

Very cute new bag! I love it! I totally feel ya on the flight prices being high. I keep watching out for airfares in June and they are kinda rediculous right now. Thankfully I've got time to sit and watch otherwise, ouch!

FLIGHTS BOOKED!

I haven't been checking flights as much as i would have liked as things have been crazy around here! However yesterday I had to change some hotel days around (more about this in the next update :rolleyes1) so I decided to check flights and they were still to high! :sad2:

However this morning I decided to check as soon as i got to work, and they had dropped $150 each! I jumped on it! they may drop again, but they are in the range of what i wanted to spend to so i am pretty happy about it!

I am slightly annoyed with the times, but they were the best options, leave Saturday the 14th at 8am! EKK! Flying alone with DD on an 8am flight wish me luck! Coming hope i opted for the 3pm instead of the red eye.... We want to have Sunday at home to recuperate.

Yea for booking flights! I'm glad you were able to snag a better fare. They don't seem to be budging much anywhere else >:(. I have a love/hate relationship with early morning flights. On one hand it's great to get going early and get to where you are going early, but the waking up while it's still dark to get to the airport part really stinks!

yeah for booked flights. I am like you that as long as I think the price is "ok" I'd rather have them booked and set rather than wait in hopes of saving a few more dollars but then things are still uncertain

Interested to hear about the hotel update

Yay for booking flights! Even if the times aren't great ... at least now they're booked and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Well, at least DD will keep you distracted while you wait for your 8 am flight. My next flight out is at 6:30 am with DH - I'm afraid we will both fall asleep at our gate and somehow miss our flight... But I am so glad that you have been able to catch a break on the pricing.

I love early morning flights.. so I am happy for that reason, but am a little worried about with DD! You won't miss your flight i bet you will be so excited you wont be able to sleep!

Yea for booking flights! I'm glad you were able to snag a better fare. They don't seem to be budging much anywhere else >:(. I have a love/hate relationship with early morning flights. On one hand it's great to get going early and get to where you are going early, but the waking up while it's still dark to get to the airport part really stinks!

I also use YAPTA.com, you can put in your flights and it sends you an email when the flights drop in price, i did use it for this trip, but ended up changing the day/time to get a better price.

:worship: Brave woman! :thumbsup2

You can say that again..... send me pixie dust I'll need it!pixiedust:

yeah for booked flights. I am like you that as long as I think the price is "ok" I'd rather have them booked and set rather than wait in hopes of saving a few more dollars but then things are still uncertain

Interested to hear about the hotel update

So much better to have something then not knowing! Hotel overall trip update coming tomorrow, you helped me today really finalize my changes:thanks::disrocks:

Yay flights!

I may have just invited my Mom along on our Disneyland trip this fall. That wasn't really in the plan :).

Well hopefully you like having her around :flower:

Yay for booking flights! Even if the times aren't great ... at least now they're booked and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Exactly! I am happy to have that out of the way.... we still need to book DH getting there but that's more involved with the work trip before, so I am less worried about that leg of the trip.

Well hopefully you like having her around :flower:

I actually do. She will also cover most of our meals and souvenirs the kids want. So though it feels like taking advantage of her, it also saves me money...

As for solo flying with kids it really isn't bad. I solo fly with all 3 of my minions frequently and have since minion 3 turned 3ish. Before that I would solo fly with 2 of them, the 3rd one was a bit much. Lots of snack, an iPad and happy kid. I dose mine with tons of sugar.

As for early morning flights we have a 9am flight tomorrow. It was the best time, but I hate early morning flights, especially since a 9am flight means I need to wake by 5:15 so we can be at the airport in time for the flight.

I actually do. She will also cover most of our meals and souvenirs the kids want. So though it feels like taking advantage of her, it also saves me money...

As for solo flying with kids it really isn't bad. I solo fly with all 3 of my minions frequently and have since minion 3 turned 3ish. Before that I would solo fly with 2 of them, the 3rd one was a bit much. Lots of snack, an iPad and happy kid. I dose mine with tons of sugar.

As for early morning flights we have a 9am flight tomorrow. It was the best time, but I hate early morning flights, especially since a 9am flight means I need to wake by 5:15 so we can be at the airport in time for the flight.

I hear you, its nice to have someone pick up some of the tab, its isn't taking advantage if they want to do it, and i think most grandparents do want to!

Yeah early flights i am mixed on, but usually its ok, i like getting where i am going early that's for sure!

I hear you, its nice to have someone pick up some of the tab, its isn't taking advantage if they want to do it, and i think most grandparents do want to!

Yeah early flights i am mixed on, but usually its ok, i like getting where i am going early that's for sure!

Yeah in general she does want too. She was actually impressed that this past trip she ended up doing 1 thing for each kid plus a build a dino. None of us could really believe she didn't buy more, then again she was sick 2 of the 5 park days everyone was together so that probably helped.

The flight this morning wasn't horrible. The smaller minions did not want to be up, but they were fully awake by the time we got to the airport, I am waiting for them to drop anytime now though, since they've been up since 6 and it is now 8:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter