• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

complete disney newbie

TigerLilyBlossom

Trying to convince DH that a Disney trip would be
Hi :)

My dh and I decided to plan a trip to WDW with our 9 year old son and my very much younger 17 year old sister....and boy am I lost, lol. I was so happy to stumble onto this site, as well as the two others I learned of from here...even with all of the info, I am still lost. I didn't realize how complicated that planning a Disney trip is---there is a whole lot more than I ever imagined! Neither DH or I have ever been to Disney, so it will be a first for all of us.

Wish me luck, lol. Perhaps Tinkerbell can swing on by with some magic dust to make this less "pulling hair out by the roots" ;) I hope to learn more of the tips and suggestions you all have and get to know some of you all :)

Welcome to the boards! One word of advice: Learn what you can, plan as much as you want, but don't STRESS over it! Planning can get a little overwhelming when you don't know Disney already and sometimes it's fun to just go with the flow. The important thing is to have fun. And trust me, if you did not plan a single solitary thing, you would still have fun discovering the World!
Enjoy your first trip! :earboy2:

Welcome to the boards and good luck with the planning. There is lots of good info here. The best thing to remember is to take lots of notes on everything you might want to see, do and eat than pare it down. You won't be able to do everything in one trip. Luckily for me I have an obsessive sister who is planning everything for our trip. She has been there a lot more than I have.

Welcome to the DIS boards!! :wave2: This is a great place, for chatting about Disney, learning about it, planning a trip...
You can probably find out everything you need to know right here, but another good resource are Birnbaum's Official Guide to WDW, and the Unofficial Guide by Bob Sehlinger. Each has a different flavor to it, but both are very informative. I'm all over these boards but personally I like to flip through a book, too (why I still have my local newspaper delivered and don't get the cheaper on-line version!...sometimes you just want to heft the book).
Anyway, just by being here you're off to a great start!

Check out mousesavers.com and allearsnet.com - I couldn't have planned with out them, especially mousesavers.com. You'll find discounts and just about everything you could possibly want or need to know about Disney. I bought books too but really found that all I needed was online.
Good luck and have a great time planning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter