Complaints about Kidani

Okay, I for one happen to like the carts in the hallway. It's much easier to snag some extra tp or dw soap from a cart. While staying at SSR or BCV where they use the baskets it's much more of a hassle to get things when they run out. I've walked for ages trying to find someone, to no avail and didn't want to call and wait for housekeeping. So, to each his own, but imo long live the carts! ;)

Great observations and thanks for the tip

Kidani & Jambo aren't for everyone. The resort is more of a retreat away from the hustle & bustle of WDW than the other resorts. This is why I tell folk it's really important to stay where you'll be buying before going through with the transaction.

Great observations and thanks for the tip

But don't swipe stuff that you should pay for, like towels, shampoo, etc. Toilet paper and dish detergent would be stuff that is replaced for free.

We love KV we have only had one bad room and that was a SV which was pretty long way away. Sure beets going to work. We did have a lot of activity. You can go to JH by walking shuttle or theme park bus. The Mara is good and love the classic TV. Nit to mention the zebra domes. We prefer staying here andcwecvisit all the parks. We are first on and first off. It is not but a few minutes to Ak and maybe 10 to Epcot HS. Stay at BLT same time to get to AK we can't wait to go in Jan. We love Kidani.

We also think its ridiculous that there isnt quick service at Kidani. In fact every DVC should have one.

Jambo House and Kidani Village make up AKV. There is a quick service dining facility over at JH. BCV, you have to go over to BC. VWL, you have to go over to WL. OKW, you have to go to the HH or Turtle Pond (if it is open - just open seasonally). SSR, you have to head to the Carriage House and Artist Palette or at the new Paddock pool. BWV, you have to go down to the BW and then it is still limited.

There is a walkway from Kidani to Jambo. We drive to WDW & often park in the parking garage closest to our elevator section & drive to Mara for Breakfast. We also bring breakfast. They do have microwaves & toasters in studios.

We also bring our own blankets & pillows.

We have stayed in a Savana view twice we have seen many animals.

There is a walkway from Kidani to Jambo.
Sure but it goes the long way around the building and is the very problem in question. My point was that given the setup and shape of the resort, a more direct route from the ends of the buildings to the lobby and Jambo was easily possible. An elevate walkway or tunnel connecting at the observation deck and through directly to the hallway on that end of Jambo would have been ideal, IMO. A limited electric tram could easily have been included and have been a selling point.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy it - Kidani is our new favourite, especially when DH and I don't do parks. We spent a lovely week there - we were fortunate to get a studio savanna view on the top floor almost next to the lobby (I requested near the pool). We saw animals every morning and afternoon, probably because we spent a lot of time in our room instead of out at parks. For relaxing, reading on the deck, and just exploring, we found this resort so peaceful. We didn't use the pullout couch though. And for breakfast, we never eat out, always bring breakfast stuff with us or pick it up at the convenient gift shop - I got my hot tea every morning downstairs, or just made it in the room. We had a rental car which we used to resort hop. I did make the trek all the way down the hall from one end to the other, and I guess I didn't complain because I enjoyed all the different viewing areas, and all the art work and decor along the way. I do agree if going to the buses, it would be a long walk if you weren't near the lobby. But we enjoyed the beautiful large bathroom, the nice finishes and I love the comfy, warm decor of this resort. We really enjoyed the library and community hall there too. And the pool is our absolute favourite, such peaceful surroundings.
Hope you enjoy future DVC stays at other resorts!

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy it - Kidani is our new favourite, especially when DH and I don't do parks. We spent a lovely week there - we were fortunate to get a studio savanna view on the top floor almost next to the lobby (I requested near the pool). We saw animals every morning and afternoon, probably because we spent a lot of time in our room instead of out at parks. For relaxing, reading on the deck, and just exploring, we found this resort so peaceful. We didn't use the pullout couch though. And for breakfast, we never eat out, always bring breakfast stuff with us or pick it up at the convenient gift shop - I got my hot tea every morning downstairs, or just made it in the room. We had a rental car which we used to resort hop. I did make the trek all the way down the hall from one end to the other, and I guess I didn't complain because I enjoyed all the different viewing areas, and all the art work and decor along the way. I do agree if going to the buses, it would be a long walk if you weren't near the lobby. But we enjoyed the beautiful large bathroom, the nice finishes and I love the comfy, warm decor of this resort. We really enjoyed the library and community hall there too. And the pool is our absolute favourite, such peaceful surroundings.
Hope you enjoy future DVC stays at other resorts!
I agree with everything you wrote. Dh and I love AKV, we love relaxing on the balcony with coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. We enjoy walking the hallways looking at all the wonderful artwork. We haven't taken part in the many daily activities but will at some point. Just a wonderful resort to enjoy!

Sure but it goes the long way around the building and is the very problem in question. My point was that given the setup and shape of the resort, a more direct route from the ends of the buildings to the lobby and Jambo was easily possible. An elevate walkway or tunnel connecting at the observation deck and through directly to the hallway on that end of Jambo would have been ideal, IMO. A limited electric tram could easily have been included and have been a selling point.

I really respect your opinons Dean, but the walk from Kidani to Jambo is not a big deal. Dh and I really enjoy it, you can do it fast or slow whatever works, either way it's just not that far. Could they have done a special walkway...of course, but at what expense.

Speaking of wakways, what I would love to have it a walk way to Animal Kingdom...dreaming, I know, but that would be wonderful.

I really respect your opinons Dean, but the walk from Kidani to Jambo is not a big deal. Dh and I really enjoy it, you can do it fast or slow whatever works, either way it's just not that far. Could they have done a special walkway...of course, but at what expense.

Speaking of wakways, what I would love to have it a walk way to Animal Kingdom...dreaming, I know, but that would be wonderful.
If you start at or near the far end of the building it is quite a hike. Even from the lobby itself it's a little distance. As I said earlier, not a deal breaker but could have been done better.

The lomng walks is the same at saratoga springs. I own points at kidani and my wifes parents own points at saratoga. at saratoga you have to take a BUS to get to the main lobby.

Also at saratoga you have the same carts problem .

So saratoga has many if not all the same problems. Is quickservice a problem if it takes the same amount of time to get to jambo from kidani as it takes to walk to the lobby of saratoga or wait for a bus to go to the lobby?

If your in the hallway closer to jambo you are maybe a 5 min walk tops from jambo.

The lomng walks is the same at saratoga springs. I own points at kidani and my wifes parents own points at saratoga. at saratoga you have to take a BUS to get to the main lobby.

Also at saratoga you have the same carts problem .

So saratoga has many if not all the same problems. Is quickservice a problem if it takes the same amount of time to get to jambo from kidani as it takes to walk to the lobby of saratoga or wait for a bus to go to the lobby?

If your in the hallway closer to jambo you are maybe a 5 min walk tops from jambo.

You only have the same problem at SSR if you stay in Congress Park or the treehouse villas - Grandstand, Springs, are only 1-2 minute walks to lobby depending on where your building is. As for carts, I have never had this problem in SSR because the corridors are outside (condo style) and there are no narrow, long hallways, at least not where we have stayed.

But yes, if you are in Congress Park, it's either a 4-5 minute walk (if you stroll along) or a bus ride. Tree house villas, definitely a bus ride.

After reading thru the different replies, I just wanted to add a few things:

1) One major reason that Kidani is the way it is - is because of the animals. The savannah must be the way it is. It must be big. There must be acres for them to roam so they can look and feel as natural as possible for their health and well being. Therefore, the only way to build a resort villa is to wrap it around the savannah so as many people can enjoy a savannah view as possible without compromising the vitality of the animals. Giraffe, gazelle, wildebeest, etc. need that space.

2) I do agree about the TV situation. All of the TV's are HD. They are all flat screen. The signal that apparently WDW is using now is thru DirecTV, and they are not offering the HD signal, only the SD signal. I think that is a mistake. I do not watch a lot of TV while at WDW, but sometimes my kids do in order to chill out and during some down time.

3) The first time I stayed at Kidani (have stayed 4 times now, and #5 is coming up next summer) I was bummed about the lack of quick service food. But, I like it that way now. I like going over to JH and eating at the Mara, stopping in the JH gift shop (Zawadi), eating at the Boma (one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world).

I also like eating at the Maji Bar down at the Kidani pool. They have decent choices.

4) Finally, the walking is what the walking is. Someone earlier stated that:

Disney = Walking Period. There is no relief from walking anywhere at any resort, any park... nothing.

I took my 72 year old mother two years ago and she never complained about the distance. Sure you get sore feet... but that is how it is when you go to WDW for a week. It all takes its toll on knees, ankles and feet.

Sure at the Residence Inn (which I like btw) you can go to the lobby, eat breakfast, get back to your room, to the pool, all within about 20 seconds of each other... but RI is not AKV... not by a long shot.

I would do almost anything to be at Kidani right now... strolling down the sidewalk to JH right now. I'll take that walk any day.

Anyway... I think Kidani is one of the best places in the world... but then again I know some people who could live without it. That's okay.

A limited electric tram could easily have been included and have been a selling point.

Like a people mover? I've long thought that is a form of transportation that would work well in some of the Disney situations.

Let's just let all the haters keep posting their dislike of Kidani so those of us that are not home to this resort can get booked when we want. What is my dog's name? Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter