comparing rooms..

jeanelain

Earning My Ears
Hi! getting great info for my first trip to Universal studios. thanks to everyone...

i've narrowed down my choice to PBH or RPH. Specifically, re: the rooms, i wondered if these resort rooms have balconies or patios. Also, is there a coffeemaker in the rooms?

also i'm wondering if RPH is more kid friendly, less grown up?

i've heard about a dive in movie, where and when is that offered?

we are planning on a Jan. 04 trip, called universal today and there are no room discounts out yet, they said to try back in about a month!:)

You can request a balcony/patio at Portofino. RPR and HRH do not have them. There is a coffee maker in all the rooms at all 3 hotels.

The rooms are larger at PBH. I did feel RPR was more laid back and family oriented. But, both are very family friendly.

Depending on what month you travel the dive-in movie is offered at all 3 and dates and times may change. January can be quite cool but the pools are heated. In Jan the dive-in was at 7P.

You will find even with the ER Portofino will be more $ than RPR. I love both and so do my boys, you cant go wrong with either choice. I would pick the atmosphere that appeals to you more.

Good Luck picking and if you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)

I agree with JessicaR - both hotels are family friendly. The RPR will be less expensive. The room at PBH will be larger. I would choose the theming that appeals to you. I just returned from RPR and we loved it. I also loved Portofino Bay when we were there last year. You cannot make a mistake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter