Commissary/PX near Orlando?

ClarabelleCowFan

<font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c
Does anyone know if there is a PX or Commissary in Orlando? What about an MWR office? Is there a list somewhere to see where all of the Commissaries are?

Thanks for any info!

DH is heading to grad school in Orlando in 18 months and I just wondered if we are going to have to make Commissary runs to Tampa! :eek:

There was a PX near Disney - we went there in 2003 - I believe we got the info from someone at Shades of Green. Perhaps you could be in touch with them to see if they know anything? Kind of a long shot, but you never know.

There was a PX near Disney - we went there in 2003 - I believe we got the info from someone at Shades of Green. Perhaps you could be in touch with them to see if they know anything? Kind of a long shot, but you never know.

Good idea! I know there is that small gift shop in SOG that has the AAFES logo on it - surely they would know. Thanks!

You may have already found this, but just in case...
Navy Exchange
(407) 851-0522
8717 Avenue C, Orlando, FL 32827

Have a great time!
Jeanne

The Navy Exchange in Orlando it very small, hardly worth the trip. When we were on recruiting duty in the area it was better to just shop sales at regular stores. We only went to the commisary if we were in the area already.

MacDill is really nice but it may only be worth it to make monthly trips.

That is what we were thinking. We have friends in Clearwater so maybe spend a day with them then go shopping then head home. The savings at the Commissary is pretty substantial but add in gas, traffic and time and I'm not sure how much it is really worth it.

Does anyone know if there is a PX or Commissary in Orlando? What about an MWR office? Is there a list somewhere to see where all of the Commissaries are?

Thanks for any info!

DH is heading to grad school in Orlando in 18 months and I just wondered if we are going to have to make Commissary runs to Tampa! :eek:

As previously mentioned, the nearest PX is the Orlando Navy Exchange, just west of the airport. It is very small and there are no great bargains there, IMO.

The nearest commissary is at Patrick AFB, about 60-65 miles SE of Orlando, not MacDill in Tampa.

I didn't see anyone post anything back about an MWR office. So here's what I found doing a quick search.....HTH's!!

NTC Orlando
ITT Manager
7151 Earhart Dr
Orlando, FL 32827
Commercial: 407-855-0116
Fax: 407-850-9149
E-Mail: mwrorl@aol.com

What are you looking for from MWR? The Shades of Green sells tickets for area attractions other than WDW. Of course, McDill and Patrick will have the full-fledged MWR facilities.

Sounds like a choice assignment. Congratulations! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter