Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Then rizzo0904 headed to Downtown Disney and had dinner at...

Raglan Road

She said, "Last minute Raglan Road ressie. Started with the beer flight with Guinness?, cider?... really I have no idea what they are." :confused3

It's not bleedin' Chowder! - That's what Master Chef said! It's the freshest cuts of seafood & potatoes in a white wine infused cream broth. But it’s not chowder. Ok? ;)

Lambo - Lamb shank braised in rosemary jus with mash, leeks, shiitake mushrooms & baby carrots

Kids burger and chips

And for their desserts...

Dunbrody Kiss - Chef Dundon’s gift to America. Chocolate. And more chocolate, then add some more.

Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding - Like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us.

Kids Chocookberry - Ice cream with Cookies and berries smothered in a chocolate sauce.

2 September Game Points Earned

Checking in! My 4-year old and I will be leaving tomorrow. I am so excited to participate in this thread!! I have spent the last couple of weeks reading this like I was studying for an exam :rotfl2:. I have no idea how we are going to fit in all the delicious things I want to try. My current reservations are:

T-Rex
California Grill
Raglan Road
Via Napoli
'Ohana (dinner)
Kouzzina (dinner)
Kona Cafe (dinner)

I don't know what I will do with all my time when I am not constantly changing my dining reservations. I think the only reservation that I have kept from the beginning of my 6 month mark is the 'Ohana reservation. I look forward to sending in my first report!!

Hi, Barb!

I will be at WDW from Oct. 19-26 and would love to try live reporting for the first time, if it's not too late. I have several ADRs booked, including:

T-Rex
Paradiso 37
The Wave
Yak & Yeti
Coral Reef
San Angel Inn
Liberty Tree Tavern
Chefs de France
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace

As well as several CS planned (including F&W, of course!).

Thanks!

Baby Buzz-ette is so cute! She's getting big!

Glad to see DDW has another trip coming up. I think using the DxDP is a great way to get a lot of signatures and not overeat. It is my strategy when I don't have a TIW card.

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! :wave2:

I see from your ticker that you will be celebrating your birthday on the Disney Dream around the end of November/beginning of December. Any chance you will be spending some time at Disney World following your cruise? Like say, around the 5th of December? ;)

Hi, Barb!

I will be at WDW from Oct. 19-26 and would love to try live reporting for the first time, if it's not too late. I have several ADRs booked, including:

T-Rex
Paradiso 37
The Wave
Yak & Yeti
Coral Reef
San Angel Inn
Liberty Tree Tavern
Chefs de France
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace

As well as several CS planned (including F&W, of course!).

Thanks!

Sounds good, Melissa! I'll send you a PM with my info. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi Jill! :wave2:

I see from your ticker that you will be celebrating your birthday on the Disney Dream around the end of November/beginning of December. Any chance you will be spending some time at Disney World following your cruise? Like say, around the 5th of December? ;)

Sadly, I have to fly home on 10/27. :(

Jill in CO

Ok, I'm going to post a few more of yesterday's updates while I eat my very boring lunch at my desk. ;)

Our next update is the first one received from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World very late on Sunday night, Dreamport (formerly Angebee).

She said, "We checked in around midnight last night and have been enjoying Disney magic since. Although we got in way too late last night for food, we started over this morning with an early ressie at Magic Kingdom's...

First a couple of buffet pics...

Then her sister Kit's first plate...

Dreamport's first plate...

...and second plate.

"Kit couldn't wait to finish hers."

"Me and Piglet"

"The service was awesome and funny. The characters all signed a birthday card for a friend. The food was okay. Basic breakfast. Although the grapes were much better this time and the eggs stayed nice and warm. We'll be back." :thumbsup2

2 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, buffet pics, and pic of Dreamport & Piglet

Hi everyone, I'm Laura, just checking in for our visit to Disney World. It'll be my husband, Tom and I, we come from the North of England and this will be our third trip to WDW, this visit is a belated first wedding anniversary trip. We are there Oct 8th - Oct 19th. We are heading down after 3 nights in NYC and we are staying at SSR for 10 nights and then moving to the Yacht Club for our final night. We currently have reservations at the following,

Fultons
Kouzzina
Boma (breakfast)
Jiko
Yachtsman
Hollywood Brown Derby (lunch)
Artist Point
Via Napoli
California Grill
Le Cellier
Flying Fish
Yak and Yeti (lunch)
Sanaa
Narcoosee's
California Grill (last night for Hallowishes)

Wow, seeing it all written down it looks like a massive list! We are on deluxe dining plan, so we will be using our snack credits at the F&W Festival. My favourite Disney food is a spicy Kazan roll, Tom's is Narcoosee's surf and turf and Mickey waffles! I love to try various cocktails and wine, Tom is a massive fan of sweet snacks and desserts, our least favourite Disney dining experience has been at O'Hana but mainly due to poor service. Hopefully we can review a good mix for you!

Thanks, Laura

Next let's check in with Eric (VikingInMouseEars) & Luanne to find out where they had dinner last night.

"View from our table...

Here's what they had...

A la Flame Alsacienne - Alsace specialty with creme fraiche, onion and bacon

Eric said, "This is literally my favorite thing in WDW. When I think about Disney food, a good part of the time I am thinking about this."

For their entrees, Luanne had the grilled tenderloin with potato gratin.

"She loved it."

And Eric chose the beef short ribs braised in cabernet and served with pasta.

"I order this every time and love it every time."

Then for dessert, Luanne got the Fresh Strawberry and Cream Cake.

"She enjoyed it very much."

While Eric chose the sorbet assortment with berries and a madeleine.

"The flavors right now are mango, coconut, and passion fruit."

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pic

Following their dinner last night at Chefs de France, Eric & Luanne visited France's bakery...

Some display case pics...

Eric said, "Later we stopped by here to pick something up for later."

"I got this. It was ham, bacon and tomato on a baguette."

"And this is a chocolate tart after the bus ride back to Pop Century."

"Luanne got a cheese assortment with a baguette roll."

3 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. pics

Last in yesterday was a two-part Magic Kingdom update from DeeDee (buzz1121).

She said, "Today was our MK day. We had a quick breakfast at the Starbucks sponsored...

Main Street Bakery

"I was a fan of the ham, egg,and cheese croissant of MSB history and I was sad to see it go. We literally just grabbed a few things today to hit the rides. DH chose a slice of banana walnut bread."

"He said it was good, but he did comment the RIP passing of our former "go to" croissant."

"I had the banana chocolate chip crumb cake with an unsweetened green tea lemonade."

"My crumb cake was good and was easy to eat on the go. The green tea lemonade was good as well."

"Our choice for lunch was another oldie, but goody, The Plaza."

"By the time we had lunch the rain was beginning to come down pretty well so we were a little off our A game and did not get a picture of the outside signage. There are many sandwiches that I enjoy at The Plaza and I like the Chicken Strawberry salad as well. Today I chose a menu item that I have not had in a really long time, the Angus Cheeseburger with cheddar cheese and french fries."

"The burger was really good and the fries at The Plaza are so yummy."

"DH had a Philly Cheese Steak with french fries."

"He enjoyed his sandwich and fries. The cheese steak is one of his "go to" items at The Plaza."

"We did not order dessert as we had a Beach Club Marketplace peanut butter cupcake to share back in our room. Was it good? Oh, most definitely! The cake portion was moist and the peanut butter frosting was nice and light, but full of flavor. The only thing that might kick this cupcake up a notch would be to add a Reese's peanut butter cup center to it, like the Contempo PB cupcake of old." ;)

Note from jabead: To help jog our memories, here's a photo of that cupcake from DeeDee's previous update...

4 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name/menu pic

Dee Dee: That photo of your baby with the lemon sorbet is so adorable!! Love it and I can completely imagine the shudder that accompanied the look. :)

Thanks Brenda! If all goes well, hopefully you will have a chance to say hi to her in December. She has been so entertaining this trip! ;)

Awwwww, DeeDee's baby girl is so sweet!

Thanks Daisymom!

Baby Buzz-ette is so cute! She's getting big!

Jill in CO

Jill!! It's amazing how far she's come right? Already developing her Disney food palette! ;)

Hi all, checking in for my October trip! It'll be me, dh and dd and our first food and wine festival and first MNSSHP!! We are staying at AKL, and I've only made a few adrs as we plan on munching our way around World Showcase! The adrs I have are: La Hacienda de San Angel
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Be Our Guest (fp+ lunch)
Boma (breakfast)
Yak and Yeti (lunch)
Can't wait only 30 more days!:banana::banana:

Before I start on today's updates I want to post the California Grill dessert photos which were originally missing from seasidespences' report from her dinner there a few days ago.

She said, "Both kids had the "sushi" dessert...

"DH had the seasonal sampler...

Seasonal Tasting: Heirloom Apple - Apple Cupcake with Cream Cheese and Streusel, Warm-spiced Cider, Peanut Butter Caramel Apple, and Apple Cheddar Turnover with Compote and Cardamom Glaze

...while I had the sundae sampler."

Sundae Sampler - Unique and playful Sundaes with a nostalgic twist: Caramel Corn, Coke Float, and Strawberry and Basil

"All were great...we were just hitting the limits of our stomachs at this point."

I think my wording was confusing, since I mentioned using a dining plan when it actually is the Deluxe! If I've done the math correctly, we'll have 12 total meal credits (3 meal credits per night x 2 nights x 2 people). A signature meal for the two of us is 4 credits, so we can actually do 2 signatures in addition to Cali Grill. :thumbsup2

I think it'll work well since we won't be going from one heavy meal to another. Rather, we'll have one nice meal each night, and the rest of the time can be spent enjoying snacks and quick service at our own pace. :)

She also says hi! Just the other night she asked me how our Dis friends are doing, and I didn't know what to say (since I'm so behind on your and Vicki's reports!). Hope all is well :goodvibes

Tell Mom I say "Hi" as well. Sooooo jealous of your quick F&W trip with 3 signature meals! I would so love to get back for F&W this year!

Tell Mom that I do hope our paths cross again some day be it here in NY or down in FL!

Now for our First Update of the Day, sent to us this morning by DeeDee (buzz1121).

She said, "Last night we had dinner at San Angel Inn, the fourth new to us dining destination. San Angel Inn is, in my opinion, one of the best settings for dining in the World. It was easy for me to forget that we were in a theme park. The candlelight and setting against the boat ride made me glad we had saved dining here for our wedding anniversary."

"The chips and salsa were very good. The green salsa was pretty mild and the red salsa had a little heat. Both were good."

"DH had Pollo a las Rajas...

Pollo A Las Rajas - grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onion strips, cream sauce, and fresh cheese

"He enjoyed his selection. He commented that the cheese and peppers nicely enhanced the flavor of the chicken."

"I shared with the baby as as she is a beginner to the world of culinary experiences, I selected the baby friendly option of an adult portion of cheese quesadillas with Mexican rice."

"I thought the quesadillas were good and so did the baby."

"For dessert, DH had Mousse de Chocolate."

"This was interesting. It had a distinct cinnamon taste that DH was not expecting. It wasn't bad, it was just different."

"I had Pastel de Queso con Cajeta......caramel cheesecake."

"This was quite good. The caramel was a nice complement to the creamy cheesecake."

"We had a nice dinner at San Angel Inn. We were literally one of the last tables to leave, but were never made to feel rushed at all. Walking through an empty World Showcase was a treat!"

5 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics and First Update of the Day

Hi everyone!

DS Joey 18 and I are excited to arrive at WDW tomorrow...around 13 hrs from now. I dont know how i will sleep tonight...have to be up at 3a...lol.

So far our ressies for the trip are:
50's Primetime cafe
California Grill
Tusker House
Boma
The Wave of American flavors
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Flying Fish Cafe
Crystal Palace
Narcoossee's
O'hana

We also have a couple open spots, so who knows where we might end up. :)

Next in today were several updates from Dreamport.

I'm not exactly of the chronological order of her updates, so instead I will group them by their location, starting with updates from Magic Kingdom.

She said, We have a tradition of grabbing Edy's Strawberry Fruit Bars as our "tickets" to get to Tom Sawyer Island, which dates back to a joke Dad made our very first trip."

"Amazingly refreshing on a hot afternoon! I love the fruit between the flavored ice."

"Boo! We decided to get a bite here while waiting to meet Merida."

"They were very easy to gobble down but piping hot! I'm not a huge fan but the convenience determined the purchase. The apple slices helped soothe our burned tongues."

"And I'm not sure if someone has posted this or not but these were being advertised at the registers."

Prince Eric's Village Market
New Fantasyland

"Still hungry so we grabbed this healthy snack from Prince Eric's Market."

"Crispy, yummy and more banana flavor than strawberry or orange in the smoothie. I can't tell if that means Kit likes it or not."

4 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for signs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter