Comfort Suites Orlando Airport to WDW

ChurroNS

Earning My Ears
Hello! We will be travelling in February for our first ever trip to WDW. We arrive on the 1st at 10:00 pm, and we will be staying at the Comfort Suites near the airport for one night since we arrive fairly late and we don't have a disney hotel reservation for that night. What is the most efficient/cheapest way to get to Port Orleans Riverside Resort from there? The Comfort Suites does have a shuttle to the airport, but I'm assuming it's not allowed to go back to the airport and take the DME? We probably won't be renting a car so a shuttle or taxi might be the best option. Thank you! :)

If you can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and do DME, that would be the best.

If you can't use DME, Uber or Lyft would be the least expensive option by far. You can get comparative pricing for Uber, Lyft, and taxi at https://ride.guru/

JimMIA is right. Reserve DME for the date you'll be using it. Time doesn't really matter on check in date, but provide an approximate time you will be back at the airport if necessary.

You can absolutely go back to the airport and take DME. Disney doesn't care how you arrive at MCO. The advice above is good!

I wouldn't mess with going back to the airport. Get an Uber or Lyft when you're ready. Rideguru.com shows about $18 or the Plus/XL for about $30

Thank you for all the replies! So if we were to book the DME, when they ask for the incoming flight do we just put down another flight close to the time we want to depart the airport, since our actual flight is the day before? And would we simply bring our luggage on the bus with us, or do they take it and check it in before you board the DME?

Thank you for all the replies! So if we were to book the DME, when they ask for the incoming flight do we just put down another flight close to the time we want to depart the airport, since our actual flight is the day before? And would we simply bring our luggage on the bus with us, or do they take it and check it in before you board the DME?

Plenty of people do what you're looking to do. Just tell them the time you'll be arriving back at the airport. You'll bring your bags with you, and the driver will store them underneath the bus as you're boarding.

Cheapest way: Magical Express.

When making the required advance reservation, pick a flight, any flight, any airline, landing in Orlando (Int'l Airport) at about the time you expect to be back there to take DME to your Disney's resort on check in day. The DME reservationist may or may not ask for that.

A few CMs are low information voters, not able to quickly deal with two numbers separated by a colon (a time) as opposed to a single whole number (a flight number). Hence some might dwell and harp on getting a flight number from you.

Most efficient way: An automobile -- yours, rented, or chauffeured.

Easiest to get a taxi (or Uber or Lyft).​

We did a similar thing in November, spending a night at the Hyatt before our Disney stay. When I called to book the magic express, the CM I spoke didn't care what time we were aiming for. He didn't want a fake flight or even a ballpark time. He just recommended we go after 7am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter