Comfort Suites Maingate East

Daisie

DIS Veteran
Hello! Has anyone stayed here? I was looking for the end of July
on Expedia and found this for a suite only $69. Is this too good to be true?
I also found lake Buena Vista Suites for $105. Any information would help.
Thanks!

I don't know anything about Maingate East, but I just made reservations at Comfort Inn - Lake Buena Vista. We got a family suite for $67 per night through hotelkingdom.com We haven't stayed there before, but the price and accomodations were just what we were looking for! We'll be staying there over Easter.

Beth

Daisie

I found the same deal on Expedia for my family for July for $69 a night. I was just about to post the same question. I know it's not onsite but for this price, I'd take it. Anyone stay at Comfort Suites Maingate East? I want to know how their rooms are. I'd be booking a studio suite which sleeps 6. I also want to know who well their shuttle service is to the parks. Could someone please tell us about this place? Thanks!

Yes!!!! This is an awesome hotel, and it is a great deal. The hotel is relatively new, and very clean. There is a good breakfast, and great pool/hot tub area. You won't be disappointed in this lodging choice!

-Alan

I LOVE this hotel! We stayed there last May and I would definitely go for it! Very clean, wonderful breakfast, convenient, low prices, spacious rooms, pool, jacuzzi, transportation to and from parks, I could go on and on! You could also check choice-hotels.com and look at the internet user's rates there. I think I paid about $56 per night. Good luck!

I have checked for an early May trip and we can get flight from Raleigh to Orlando and 3 nights at the Comfort Suites Maingate East for $408.80. It breaks down to about $102 for the flight and about $208 for the room (tax/surcharges included).

So, is it worth it? Is the transportation/shuttles pretty regular?

Also, how is the pool? DW loves hanging out by the pool in between her trips down Tower of Terror. :rolleyes:

Not sure about the transportation because I used the minivan that I rented. The pool is great. They have a bar, jacuzzi, kiddie area, and the pool is heated ( I think) for evening swimming. It is large and there is plenty of seating. Our room was located on the inside of the building so it overlooked the pool. :D

Thanks for all the information! I have also checked out the Homewood Suites
which is listed on expedia for $87 per night, which looks more spacious and
has a full kitchen. When I called homewood directly they quoted me a price
of $149! Wow!! Then I called hilton, who owns the homewood suites and
she also gave me the $149 price, I asked for a AAA rate, and she said
oh, only $79! So it pays to ask and call around, i currently am holding
the homewood suites! Check them out on expedia!
:)

We stayed at the Homewood Suites and LOVED it. Great Breakfast!! The pool was just
a plain old pool but we never spend much time there anyway.

:confused:

Can anyone tell me the difference (quality wise, time to take shuttle to park, etc. ) from Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista and Comfort Suites Maingate East. This is very confusing as a lot of hotels have the same suffixes and such.

Thanks,
Markone

Hello everyone! I'm new to your board and enjoying all the information available here! :)
I appreciated seeing this post as we are heading down to the Comfort Inn Maingate East the middle of March and I feel a whole lot better about our reservation now that I see such positive feedback! Thanks!

Hi again,

Just when I thought I was confused. There has been a lot of comments made about comfort suites maingate ease. There is another comfort suites, comfort suites maingate resort. These are two different properties. The latter offers slighty better rates, $62 I beleive for a one bedroom suite. Anyone stayed here ? Much difference between the two. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you:confused:

Hi again,

Just when I thought I was confused. There has been a lot of comments made about comfort suites maingate east. There is another comfort suites, comfort suites maingate resort. These are two different properties. The latter offers slighty better rates, $62 I beleive for a one bedroom suite. Anyone stayed here ? Much difference between the two. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you:confused:

Bump!

Just wanted to bump this up since I am currently holding a reservation for Comfort Suites Maingate Resort (by accident!). When I called to make my reservation for Comfort Suites Maingate East, I just asked for Comfort Suites Maingate - not knowing that there was a difference. I did some exploring on this board (how I wish the search engine was working!:( ) and realized that these are actually two separate resorts! I called back and Comfort Suites Maingate East was $10 more per night so I left my reservation as is. Hope I didn't make a mistake!

By the way, I also posted a separate post that I am considering attending a timeshare at Cypress Pointe Resort in lieu of my Comfort Suites dilemma. If anyone else has done that, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks! :bounce:

I wish I could tell you, but I will make a report after we get back in April. I have seen nothing but good reports on Comfort Suites Maingate East which is where we are going. Expedia Special $55 per night for 4/19 - 4/29. ($627 including taxes for 10 nights!).

It looks too good to be true, but the search engine was working for a few days when I was making up my mind, and all I could find on CSME were glowing reviews. Also found some on mouseplanet.com you might want to check there for reviews on the other Comfort Suite Maingate resort.

We stayed at Comfort Suites Maingate East in Jan 2001 and really loved the place! You should be forwarned, however, that the suite is actually one very large room, with a waist high wall that separates the living and sleeping areas. There is ample closet and dresser space in the sleeping area, and the two beds we had were queen-sized, not double. The large tv is on the dresser in the sleeping area, but easily turns so you can watch it in the living area. DD (who was 7) and Dneice (almost 3) had no trouble falling asleep while the adults were in the living area. The living area has a double sofa bed, coffee and end tables, and a circular table with 2-4 chairs for dining. The "kitchenette" is a 4' high fridge with counter/bar sink on top with a 4 cup coffee nmaker. Above this is a microwave with cabinet space. The freezer worked well enough to freeze our water bottles overnight. The bathroom was very good-sized, standard tub with good shower, lots of vanity space to spread out all your stuff (I just HATE bathrooms where your knees block the door when you sit on the potty!! WAAY too tiny, but not here!) The pool area was terrifie, even had a water mushroom for the kiddies! Didn't use the shuttle; we always rent a car, can't afford to waste time waiting for busses/shuttles! It probably took about 10-15 mins to get into any of the park's parking lots. B'fast buffet is awesome- certainly more options than DD and DH have at home for b'fast- LOL! I believe the Comfort Suites Maingate is on Irlo Bronson West, and is newer than CSMEast, although the Maingat East was renovated in April 2000 and appeared very clean and well-kept when we were there. We have stayed in about 10 different Comfort Suites around the country. We have found them all to be very similar in both floorplan and quality, so I'm sure you'll be fine at either. (PS- the CSMEast is located right next to Old Town. You can watch people fling themselves into space on the SkyCoaster from the hotel parking lot- astounding!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter