• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Comedy Warehouse with 12 year old?

sci-fi-dreamer!

Earning My Ears
Hi! 1. Just wondering if any of you have gone to The Comedy Warehouse on Pleasure Island with your children? My DH would like to go, and says a friend of his brought his son (10 y.o) and the comedians kept their material "family/disney appropriate". I read where there are 5 shows a night? 2. Does anyone have times and/or schedules of who might be appearing? We will be staying in Disney May 11 - 19 and are thinking of bringing our 12 y.o DD to a comedy show! 3. Is there a "cover charge" at the door, or does your admission to Pleasure Island cover this fee?:( Thanks!:D

I could be wrong being that you say your friend brought their 10yr old to a comedy warehouse show but....I thought you had to be over 21 to get into PI after 7pm ?

Anyone else know for sure? If this is the case, the CW shows do not start until at least 8pm if not later from what I remember. It's been a while since I've been over to PI now that I have small children though so I could be wrong.

I believe that PI is open to under 21's, but that a few of the nightclubs are over 21 only -

looking here for Pleasure Island info

it says that under 21s are permitted with an adult but BET SoundStage™ Club and Mannequins Dance Palace are over 21 only.

for the comedy warehouse it says

The Comedy Warehouse The Who What and Wharehouse players entertain the crowd with fast and furious improv comedy. Keeping in Disney style, you can expect the humor here to be clean and appropriate for almost all ages. You can expect improv, stand-up acts and some entertaining skits from the normal crew. More well-known comedians may take the stage on occasion, when they do, expect to pay a cover charge. There are five shows nightly and it can become crowded.

the words are 'Almost all ages' - I guess it really depends on how liberal you are - would you be devastated if your child heard something inappropriate? Is he / she used to adult company, and late nights? I think it really depends on the child and the family. I have a brother who is 10 years younger than me, and I can imagine that when I was 22 and he was 12, he would have been fine, as having siblings aged 18 and 22 he was exposed to a lot of stuff that 12 year olds may normally be protected from.

bev

We took our children for the first time 8/2002. Boys were 12 & 14. We went to about 6 different shows (we had a Premium Annual Pass), usually the first or second of the evening. They loved it. Material was appropriate. Can't speak for shows later in the evening.

None of the CW shows I've been to really went further than Conan O'Brien or Letterman, comedy-appropriateness-wise.

Then again, I'm not a parent. :) But remembering what I was like at 12 (and what I had already been exposed to at school!) I would think that for a 12 year old, it would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter