Come on Estoppel!!!!

:worship:
I am sooooo envious! Hope it keeps up for you.
150 POINTS VGF AUG UY
Offer made/accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: Received 5/23

Figured I'd share my timeline thus far. It's definitely been the fastest turn around of all my contracts :teleport:

My timeline is the same, but still waiting for closing docs. Hoping I see them soon!!! Congrats on your speedy closing.
Deb

Awesome closing time! I'm going through the process now and hoping to make a reservation on July 10th. Glad to see that isn't entirely hopeless.

My guess email today around 4pm since it's a holiday weekend, I'm working and couldn't do anything till Tuesday. Or it could be wishful thinking

Pretty happy with the speed on our 120 point AKV contract... 1 month combined for ROFR & Estoppel, not bad at all...

Offer made: 4/25
Accepted: 4/25
Sent to ROFR: 4/26
Passed ROFR: 5/9
Closing docs received after Estoppel:5/26

Pretty happy with the speed on our 120 point AKV contract... 1 month combined for ROFR & Estoppel, not bad at all...

Offer made: 4/25
Accepted: 4/25
Sent to ROFR: 4/26
Passed ROFR: 5/9
Closing docs received after Estoppel:5/26
Hoping to be just as lucky with our 120 pt AKV contract! It's been 8 days since sent to ROFR...
Congrats on the quick process!

Hi all, I spent some time on the ROFR thread, and now I'm here as well. Here's my timeline thus far...seems like I shouldn't complain yet. I'm only 8 days into the estoppel waiting game:

Home: PVB
Sent for ROFR: 4/26/17
Passed ROFR: 5/9/17

I was told that I should receive docs by 6/2, but that they may come earlier. I was also told to expect closing on or before 6/14. I'm a relatively patient person, and I don't have an urgency for the points. Mid-July would work for me. But, that doesn't stop me from checking my email often :-)

DMM

Update. Received Closing docs today via email. 3 days ahead of schedule...but who's counting?

Home: PVB
Sent for ROFR: 4/26/17
Passed ROFR: 5/9/17
Closing docs received: 5/30/17

DMM

100pt AKV Dec use year:
4/6: offer accepted
4/20: passed ROFR
5/11: received closing docs
5/12: sending back via overnight

How long can the rest of this process take? I'm just about done right?? Itching to book our first DVC stay for the end of Jan.

Got an email that this closed yesterday. Does this mean that I am done and I will be getting my member info from Disney very soon? Want to book vacation for the end of Jan 2018.

Got an email that this closed yesterday. Does this mean that I am done and I will be getting my member info from Disney very soon? Want to book vacation for the end of Jan 2018.

I believe that it now has to record with the county. Once that happens Disney sends out your member info. I wasn't in a big hurry when I bought the first time so I waited to get the official letter. But others called in and was able to get a castmember to set them up over the phone.

The deed needs to be recorded and then DVC needs to process the paperwork. It took about 2 weeks (give or take a day or two) after the deed was recorded for my add on resale contract to be completely loaded into my membership. I would wait a couple of weeks before making any calls to MS to see if you can get your member info.

Once deed is recorded where do you log in? Or is it setup once you call member services? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Once deed is recorded where do you log in? Or is it setup once you call member services? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Once the deed is recorded, DVC needs to process the change in ownership and create a new membership if this is your first DVC purchase. It can take up to 3 weeks for the changeover to be completed but many people call at 2 weeks or less to try to get a CM to give them the info over the phone. DVC does not set up an online account for you. They will give you a pass code for doing it yourself.

Once the deed is recorded, DVC needs to process the change in ownership and create a new membership if this is your first DVC purchase. It can take up to 3 weeks for the changeover to be completed but many people call at 2 weeks or less to try to get a CM to give them the info over the phone. DVC does not set up an online account for you. They will give you a pass code for doing it yourself.
Thank you!

50 Point Bay Lake, Feb. use year
4/20/17 Offer made, counter offer made by seller, offer accepted
4/21/17 Buyer documents were emailed to us by broker. We requested an amendment to the way we took title.
4/22/17 Amended buyer documents emailed to us by broker and we copied, scanned, and emailed them back the same day
4/24/17 Broker sent documents to Disney for ROFR
5/9/17 Broker was notified by Disney that contract passed ROFR (16 days)
5/26/17 Closing documents emailed to us by Title Company. I reviewed carefully and noticed the Title Company had incorrect name. Contacted
Broker who contacted Title Company and corrected documents were re- emailed to us within 2 hours. They also sent us a Fed Ex Label to ship documents back with Cashier's check which we were able to do late the same afternoon at a nearby Fed Ex drop box. It was the Friday afternoon before Memorial Day so took a few days longer as it normally would be overnight delivery.
5/30/17 Buyer documents received by Title Company with cashier's check
6/2/17 Notified contract closed today by Broker. We are already DVC members, so will just be checking member site to make sure this contract is added on correctly to our existing membership. Total time from offer on contract to closing was 43 days.

Note: Read your documents very carefully to check for accuracy before you send anything back....especially from the Title Company. We were very happy with how our broker, Scott Decker of the Timeshare Store and his associates kept us advised informed every single step of the way and immediately helped us out when we had an issue with the Title Company documents. This is the 2nd resale contract we have used him for with excellent results.

Here's an update to my timeline :flower:

150 POINTS VGF AUG UY
Closing Docs/Check Received by Title Company: 5/26
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: 6/1
Points loaded to online member account: ???

Here's an update to my timeline :flower:

150 POINTS VGF AUG UY
Closing Docs/Check Received by Title Company: 5/26
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: 6/1
Points loaded to online member account: ???
Wow. Your estoppel fast. I was told to expect up to 3 weeks. Last thing I heard was ROFR passed 5/16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter