Come on Estoppel!!!!

Would there be delays in estoppel or closing documents if the seller had multiple contracts for sale at the same time? Feels as though it may be a factor in our delay. We are 4 weeks waiting for estoppel and at least 15 other people who passed ROFR after us have paperwork. It's interesting to watch the process. Thankfully we don't need to book right away.
Talked to the title company yesterday as I'm now at exactly 1 month waiting for closing docs. They did say there is something they are waiting on with the seller, but no specifics. Said they have estoppel and would get closing docs to us soon, but I have no idea what could cause a hold up on the sellers end at this point.

100pt AKV Dec use year:
...How long can the rest of this process take? I'm just about done right?? Itching to book our first DVC stay for the end of Jan.
The next wait depends on how quick your seller's get their documents back to the closing company. As soon as both seller's and buyer's documents are received & buyer's funds arrive the documents will be recorded and sent to DVC - usually w/in a couple days of receipt.
After that you wait for DVC to set up your membership and load your points - you'll get mail giving you the member no. in a couple of weeks, or you can call after around 10 - 14 days.

The next wait depends on how quick your seller's get their documents back to the closing company. As soon as both seller's and buyer's documents are received & buyer's funds arrive the documents will be recorded and sent to DVC - usually w/in a couple days of receipt.
After that you wait for DVC to set up your membership and load your points - you'll get mail giving you the member no. in a couple of weeks, or you can call after around 10 - 14 days.
Thank you! There is so much waiting at every step along this process. I just can't wait to get this behind me and book our trip already lol.

My timeline for my BWV 220 point purchase

Offer made: 3/24
Accepted: 3/25
Sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/25
Passed ROFR: 4/14
Closing docs received: nothing yet

This is our first contract. We have been waiting a month for closing docs and were due to close today 5/15 which won't happen. I was told by our broker that the title company still didn't have the estoppel. A month for the estoppel seems like an extremely long time when it looks like most people are getting their closing docs in 2-3 weeks, sometimes even quicker. Is this normal?

So frustrating.

My timeline for my BWV 220 point purchase

Offer made: 3/24
Accepted: 3/25
Sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/25
Passed ROFR: 4/14
Closing docs received: nothing yet

This is our first contract. We have been waiting a month for closing docs and were due to close today 5/15 which won't happen. I was told by our broker that the title company still didn't have the estoppel. A month for the estoppel seems like an extremely long time when it looks like most people are getting their closing docs in 2-3 weeks, sometimes even quicker. Is this normal?

So frustrating.
Anything for you yet? I'm at 5 weeks now.

Hi all, I spent some time on the ROFR thread, and now I'm here as well. Here's my timeline thus far...seems like I shouldn't complain yet. I'm only 8 days into the estoppel waiting game:

Home: PVB
Sent for ROFR: 4/26/17
Passed ROFR: 5/9/17

I was told that I should receive docs by 6/2, but that they may come earlier. I was also told to expect closing on or before 6/14. I'm a relatively patient person, and I don't have an urgency for the points. Mid-July would work for me. But, that doesn't stop me from checking my email often :-)

DMM

Anything for you yet? I'm at 5 weeks now.

sorry, just saw this. finally got our closing docs and returned everything immediately. waiting on seller now. so far, the whole process has taken us two months. we figure we are looking at probably another 2-3 weeks at best (assuming the seller sends their stuff back quickly).

every stage has just dragged on it seems. can't wait to get the membership and points and start booking!

have you received your docs yet?

My time line so far is:

Home: AKV
Sent for ROFR: 4/17
Passed ROFR: 5/2

Waiting on documents. I swear checking emails every two seconds is ridiculous. Supposed to close 6/7?

sorry, just saw this. finally got our closing docs and returned everything immediately. waiting on seller now. so far, the whole process has taken us two months. we figure we are looking at probably another 2-3 weeks at best (assuming the seller sends their stuff back quickly).

every stage has just dragged on it seems. can't wait to get the membership and points and start booking!

have you received your docs yet?
Yes actually, just received them last night! I'm glad you got yours as well.

160 POINTS BLT AUG UY
Offer made/accepted: 4/13
Sent to ROFR: 4/14
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: still waiting
Closing Docs sent to Disney: ***

Yes actually, just received them last night! I'm glad you got yours as well.

That's great!

We were originally supposed to close by 5/15 which couldn't happen because the estoppel took so long. Getting close to the end now. Can't wait to start booking some trips!

Hey all. I'm just trying to keep myself occupied while doing all this waiting! I really have been lucky so far tbh.
My time-line...

Home: AKV
Offer made & accepted: 5/1
Sent to ROFR: 5/3
Passed ROFR: 5/16
Closing docs received:???

Can't wait!
I'm here doing the same thing and haven't even passed rofr..still weeks from that even but like reading about the process of those like me :)

Home: HH
Offer made & accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing docs received:???

Broker said 2-3 weeks for the closing docs. So I'm trying to be patient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter