Come on Estoppel!!!!

Contract came today, so it only took 6 business days from passing ROFR to contract for me. Timeline below:

Offer Submitted 4/5
Sent to ROFR 4/6
Passed ROFR 4/28
Contract Received 5/8

At 33 days, it's moving along much faster than my first contract (almost 90 days from offer to membership #).
Wow, that's fast, congrats. I'm on day 27 of the Estoppel wait.

Received closing documents at 5:46pm yesterday!
Timeline so far for our BRV@WL 150 point contract with Oct use year:
Offer made: 4/3
Accepted: 4/4
Passed ROFR: 4/20
Closing docs received: 5/8
Mailing docs/check out (fedex): 5/9

It's getting real now :cloud9:

Contract came today, so it only took 6 business days from passing ROFR to contract for me. Timeline below:

Offer Submitted 4/5
Sent to ROFR 4/6
Passed ROFR 4/28
Contract Received 5/8

At 33 days, it's moving along much faster than my first contract (almost 90 days from offer to membership #).

It looks like we're just about on the same timeline , except I was notified about ROFR earlier than you; I'm sure the extra week you waited wasn't fun, but we're both on our way and I don't know about you, but I'm even more excited now!!!!

I"m at other end of the spectrum.

Submitted to ROFR 4/20
Passed 5/9

Going out of town on 5/12, hope the contract not received until after we return from our trip 5/22.

Did advise the broker of our impending plans before we bid and after acceptance. Haven't heard back yet.

Can't remember from last resale purchase as to a time limit on returning the documents/check before deal is null & void. Does anybody remember what was stated on their contract?

Had thought we'd be safe going into this but now wondering reading the above speedy timelines! I'm a realtor, like to see things in writing. Had asked the broker to insert a clause into purchase agreement but told it wasn't necessary.

I"m at other end of the spectrum.

Submitted to ROFR 4/20
Passed 5/9

Going out of town on 5/12, hope the contract not received until after we return from our trip 5/22.

Did advise the broker of our impending plans before we bid and after acceptance. Haven't heard back yet.

Can't remember from last resale purchase as to a time limit on returning the documents/check before deal is null & void. Does anybody remember what was stated on their contract?

Had thought we'd be safe going into this but now wondering reading the above speedy timelines! I'm a realtor, like to see things in writing. Had asked the broker to insert a clause into purchase agreement but told it wasn't necessary.

My paperwork, which I received yesterday, had a deadline of 6/16.

Anyone know a reason it would take this long for estoppel? I'm at 4 weeks now and broker doesn't think it's unusual at all, said Disney is backed up, but I haven't seen anyone with a wait this long. I thought Disney went somewhat in order of the contracts they receive? I'm seeing some that passed ROFR 2-3 weeks after mine already receiving closing docs.

My paperwork, which I received yesterday, had a deadline of 6/16.

Thank you for that. I did speak to broker, who said they do expect i will paperwork delivered while we are gone next week.

Not sure if she was being wildly optimistic or she knows something i/we don't. That would be a 5 - 10 day turn around after passing ROFR.

Can't say i recall that my other resale addons took as long as many reports it is taking lately:confused3

Wonder if they are processing existing members purchases quicker, even if resale?:scratchin

Anyone know a reason it would take this long for estoppel? I'm at 4 weeks now and broker doesn't think it's unusual at all, said Disney is backed up, but I haven't seen anyone with a wait this long. I thought Disney went somewhat in order of the contracts they receive? I'm seeing some that passed ROFR 2-3 weeks after mine already receiving closing docs.

Well, that has to be frustrating

Curious, who is your broker? Assume there are no outstanding reservations on contract that would prevent it closing in timely manner?

Thank you for that. I did speak to broker, who said they do expect i will paperwork delivered while we are gone next week.

Not sure if she was being wildly optimistic or she knows something i/we don't. That would be a 5 - 10 day turn around after passing ROFR.

Can't say i recall that my other resale addons took as long as many reports it is taking lately:confused3

Wonder if they are processing existing members purchases quicker, even if resale?:scratchin

Well, that has to be frustrating

Curious, who is your broker? Assume there are no outstanding reservations on contract that would prevent it closing in timely manner?
Fidelity. I would hope they would have told me that if that was the case, they just said Disney is taking extra time with these. Though that doesn't explain how many seem to be getting through faster than normal.

I'm sorry it's so long but glad to hear it's not just us. 4 weeks on Friday

Original offer submitted on 3/21.....ROFR 4/14

We passed ROFR on 4/14 as well. I called the title company, they said they received the estoppel and would have the paperwork emailed Monday. Hard to be patient!

Would there be delays in estoppel or closing documents if the seller had multiple contracts for sale at the same time? Feels as though it may be a factor in our delay. We are 4 weeks waiting for estoppel and at least 15 other people who passed ROFR after us have paperwork. It's interesting to watch the process. Thankfully we don't need to book right away.

It looks like we are in the same boat as many of you. We are on the selling end of the contract. Passed ROFR on 4/14 and no contracts yet. I am getting impatient and the broker just says Disney is backed up.

It looks like we are in the same boat as many of you. We are on the selling end of the contract. Passed ROFR on 4/14 and no contracts yet. I am getting impatient and the broker just says Disney is backed up.
Our timeline so far - sent toROFR (3/31); passed ROFR (4/17); contracts sent 5/4 but it doesn't look like they actually sent them. Thanks to a follow up call, actually received them on 5/10 and turned around 5/11. Hoping the seller will get their contracts soon, but it looks like buyer completes first, then seller (who also has to notarize) before closing can begin.

It's been about ~40 days waiting to this point. Its pretty close to what I expected, maybe a bit better as I heard Disney was backed up so was surprised we are maybe 2-4 weeks from closing and another 2-4 weeks from receiving member # and being able to actually book a reservation!

Here is our timeline so far for our AKL 160 point add-on:
Offer Submitted 4/19
Sent to ROFR 4/24
Passed ROFR 5/11
Contract Received ???

Hoping to have points in our account to make a June 2018 ressie at the 11 month window!!

My timeline for my SSR 300 point purchase

Offer made: 4/6
Accepted: 4/8
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing docs received:

Hoping to have points in our account to make a May/June 2018 reservation at the 11 month window!!

100pt AKV Dec use year:
4/6: offer accepted
4/20: passed ROFR
5/11: received closing docs
5/12: sending back via overnight

How long can the rest of this process take? I'm just about done right?? Itching to book our first DVC stay for the end of Jan.

Received our documents, Tuesday, the 2nd. First received an email, from finance office saying they are now sending them to the title office. I figured it would be another few days. What a wonderful surprise to wake up from a nap and the contracts are sitting in email!!!

Opur timeline:
Offer submitted & Accepted 3/18
Contracts Sent for ROFR 3/19
Passed ROFR 4/4
Contracts Received 5/2
Signed and returned 5/3
And because I'm the way I am, and have to know it minute by minute, I'm tracking the package. Just got a text from USPS, the documents are in route to title office!!
Docs Recorded 5/12

UPDATE: Documents recorded today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter