Combo package stay and dvc stay

kellygreenjenny

Earning My Ears
Hi - we will be traveling next year for the first time as dvc members; we've not even rented points before. We will be doing the 4 night/5 day stay and dine package at POFQ for the four nights before we check in for our DVC stay, which is an additional 3 nights.

I am not sure if there is anything special I need to keep in mind with this combo trip?

I know the dining plan ends at midnight of our checkout day, which is the day we will move over to VGF. Will our resort mug from POFQ still work at VGF, though, and for the rest of our stay?

I have 6 day park hoppers for the POFQ stay, but the note on the purchase page for the package said that the multi day tickets could be used on any 6 days of a date range that covers our entire trip, inclusive of both POFQ and VGF. Will I have any issues using the one set of admission tickets? I shouldn't, from the description, but I'm not sure I should trust that?

Our package includes Memory Maker - that does that match the package stay dates, or the 6 day ticket admissions?

Is there anything I'm not thinking of?

Thank you - we've never done a combo trip and I'm not certain what to be aware of and plan for - any advice or experiences is very appreciated!

Mugs are always activated for 14 days so will work at both places. If the tickets say the are valid over the 9 days it should not be impacted by changing resorts!

I am not sure about memory maker but it is typically for the ticket so should work same days as those.

Sounds like you're good to go. Mugs, hoppers and memory maker will cross over both reservations. I've got to tell you, you've planned a GREAT split stay. POFQ is delightful. You will love it and on your last day you'll be questioning your decision to move. BUT! Then you get to stay at VGF! It's so gorgeous and on the monorail and has sooo many great dining and shopping options. The very best combo for a moderate and deluxe split stay, if I do say so myself.

I will say I got to experience the bag transfer recently, and it worked well.
they guaranteed the bags would be there buy six but I have them before 4..

Not sure if I just got lucky but my room at the second resort was available by 11

if yours is not, I would recommend letting the front desk know you are on property, sometimes they can expedite your room.

For baggage transfer, I put a tracking tile (I have Samsung, but Apple has one too) in the bag, so I could see when they were delivered at the resort and I knew when to call Bell Services.

Thank you all - I didn't think of bag transfer at all, good point! And the tile is a great idea!

I love POFQ but it has been years since our last stay. This is going to be a mommy/daughter trip with my 9yo, so I think it's a perfect choice - boat to DS, and then our first stay ever in VGF hopefully will be a perfect ending point

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter