Combining hotel reservations, and a PSA

Distisso

Earning My Ears
I had a savvy traveler rate booked for early February (2 rooms, Thursday through Monday). When the APH discounts dropped I went in like a maniac and started picking up what I could get.

I ended up with an APH rate reservation for Thursday and for Saturday-Monday. Nothing for Friday. I called the reservation line to see if they could combine or convert my reservations and they said absolutely not. Instead, they took my savvy traveler reservation and cancelled all the days but Friday, converted *that* rate to the new, jacked up standard rate, and "linked" my reservations to one another. They also told me I may need to switch rooms twice during our stay (we have standard queens for each res).

So, a PSA and a question:

PSA: honestly, I wish I had just kept my savvy traveler reservation. For our two rooms I am currently saving $120 total, which isn't nothing but I'm not sure it's worth the huge hassle.

Question: I had meant to call the hotel but got their reservation line. If I suck it up and call the long distance number for the hotel, do you think they can do anything else for me? At the very least, I'd be grateful if we could just stay in the same 2 rooms. The unicorn would be getting my Friday night converted to an APH rate as well, but I know it's not likely.

Any experience with this? Thanks! 🙂

I had a savvy traveler rate booked for early February (2 rooms, Thursday through Monday). When the APH discounts dropped I went in like a maniac and started picking up what I could get.

I ended up with an APH rate reservation for Thursday and for Saturday-Monday. Nothing for Friday. I called the reservation line to see if they could combine or convert my reservations and they said absolutely not. Instead, they took my savvy traveler reservation and cancelled all the days but Friday, converted *that* rate to the new, jacked up standard rate, and "linked" my reservations to one another. They also told me I may need to switch rooms twice during our stay (we have standard queens for each res).

So, a PSA and a question:

PSA: honestly, I wish I had just kept my savvy traveler reservation. For our two rooms I am currently saving $120 total, which isn't nothing but I'm not sure it's worth the huge hassle.

Question: I had meant to call the hotel but got their reservation line. If I suck it up and call the long distance number for the hotel, do you think they can do anything else for me? At the very least, I'd be grateful if we could just stay in the same 2 rooms. The unicorn would be getting my Friday night converted to an APH rate as well, but I know it's not likely.

Any experience with this? Thanks! 🙂

Unfortunately the savvy traveler rate requires multiple nights, so once you went down to 1 night the rate goes to the current rack rate. I doubt the hotel can do anything about that. If the room type is the same for all 3 they should be able to keep you in the same room, as you are not going until Feb. That would be worth a call I think.

In your situation I might have kept both the savvy traveler reservation plus the separate AP ones and kept trying for the Friday. I would still keep checking for it.

Thanks for the PSA! I've been considering trying to piece together the APH rate rooms for my January trip but was worried about having to move rooms and now that I know it's a good possibility I will leave it alone. It wasn't saving much from what I had booked, only 80 bucks total so not worth it. I got RPR from a Tues to Sun at $301 for a 2 queen, think I'm just going to be happy with that rate and leave it be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter