• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Combining Disney gift cards?

leebee

DIS Veteran
My daughter has two Disney gift cards that she'd like to combine into one card. Is this possible? How would she go about this (explain it to me like I am 5... I can be techno-stupid on my best days)? Thanks!

Go to disneygiftcard.com. You'll use your normal Disney login. You can combine cards up to $1,000 per card.

And type the numbers in very carefully! If you type the security code/EAN in wrong it can trigger a lock on the card that you will have to call to have removed.

On the Disney gift card site, scroll down to manage cards. Thats where you’ll enter both card numbers & select which to move funds from/to. A word of caution, it’s usually best to delete the cards after you’ve combined them. There have been rare reports some people have found their funds went missing when the cards were left on the site.

It’s very simple. You add each gift card by typing in the card number and EAN number. It will ask you to create a nickname for the cards, so I usually do something simple like “New” for the card I plan to transfer the balances to, and “Old 1”, “Old 2”, etc. for the cards I will be transferring from. There is a button to click to transfer funds from one card to another. I usually screen capture the page when it shows the individual card balances, and once the transfer has taken place, then delete the cards from the site, as a previous person suggested.

I still had the screen shots from my last transfer, to give you an idea of how easy the screen is to work with (card numbers redacted).
IMG_2384.pngIMG_2385.png

Thanks everyone! I tried it tonight and it worked like a charm. Now, on to the next problem; DD can't find her rewards redemption card... either of them...

Thanks everyone! I tried it tonight and it worked like a charm. Now, on to the next problem; DD can't find her rewards redemption card... either of them...

Looks like she should be able to get the rewards transferred to a new card.

IMG_6508.png

Thank you, I’ve been saving them up for my trip this month to pay for my dinning splurges, I’ve been wondering if it would be easier to use if I combined

Thank you, I’ve been saving them up for my trip this month to pay for my dinning splurges, I’ve been wondering if it would be easier to use if I combined
If you do not trust the site, you can always combine GCs and then remove the GC from the site. Just make sure you keep that GC safe and I would recommend taking a pic of it for a backup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter