• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Combining a WDW and DCL Vacation

tiggercrew

Mouseketeer
We are planning to go to WDW in 2006 and would like to wrap up the vacation by taking a 3 day cruise. We are using our points for WDW accomodations, but are planning on booking the cruise with cash. Would love to get some advice from those who have gone this route before. For example, do you book your cruise on line or through a travel agent? Are there any discounts offered to DVC members?

There will be 4 of us going...DH, myself, DD13 and DS10. Any recommendations on size accomodations would also be welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your help. :flower:

We have never done this but are thinking of booking the DVC member cruise in October and some days at WDW. Just took our first cruise last month and it was awesome! Hopefully we get some replies.

We were on the member cruise last month and it was awesome. It was four days and I can't imagine anything shorter. It went by so quickly. We didn't even get to all the events, clubs, or the spa, but we were hardly ever in our room (cabin, sorry). We booked our cruise using our points, but there are a number of ways you can pay cash. I think I remember that the earliest you book the less money it costs. The rates go up as the ship fills up. You can also use a combination of points and cash if you prefer.

You might want to check out the DIS cruise board.

Thank you for the replies. I will check the cruise board also. I had forgotten that you are "rewarded" for booking early.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter