Combining a 4 day and a 3 day Cruise on DCL

DisneyNewbie76

Earning My Ears
Has anybody ever booked two consecutive shorter cruises to make it into a week or so. I am looking at combining a 4 day and a 3 day Cruise on the Wish at some point next year. Do they make you pack up and ship out for a short amount of time? Would they allow you to leave your bags on board? Would they even know you did it, provided they don't see it in the booking process? Thanks for all your help.

Someone will post shortly in more detail the process.
A tip to save a few dollars is to sail on the 3 night cruise first, then the 4 night cruise. The reason is parking at Port Canaveral parking garage, you will be charged for the first cruise (the 3 night cruise)only.
Will try and answer your questions:
Do they make you pack up and ship out for a short amount of time? If you have the same cabin, then no, you do not pack, but you do have to leave the ship for customs.
Would they allow you to leave your bags on board? Yes, your bags stay on board. Of course take items like your passport and such with you.
Would they even know you did it, provided they don't see it in the booking process? DCL will know. Your Key to the World card is scanned as you disembark.
Search this board for B2B or back to back for tips.
B2B are fun.
Wife and I did our first B2B last year on the Dream and we have our second B2B set for the end of October on the Fantasy.
Good Luck and I hope this helps,
Glen

You can search DIS boards for back to back cruises or BTB. Loads of info from people who have done it.

You can search DIS boards for back to back cruises or BTB. Loads of info from people who have done it.
or B2B. Lots of threads on how they proceed, depending on the port and under the COVID protocols or in more normal times.

Someone will post shortly in more detail the process.
A tip to save a few dollars is to sail on the 3 night cruise first, then the 4 night cruise. The reason is parking at Port Canaveral parking garage, you will be charged for the first cruise (the 3 night cruise)only.
Will try and answer your questions:
Do they make you pack up and ship out for a short amount of time? If you have the same cabin, then no, you do not pack, but you do have to leave the ship for customs.
Would they allow you to leave your bags on board? Yes, your bags stay on board. Of course take items like your passport and such with you.
Would they even know you did it, provided they don't see it in the booking process? DCL will know. Your Key to the World card is scanned as you disembark.
Search this board for B2B or back to back for tips.
B2B are fun.
Wife and I did our first B2B last year on the Dream and we have our second B2B set for the end of October on the Fantasy.
Good Luck and I hope this helps,
Glen
THANKS Glen! I did not know the proper terminology. I will now do a new search on B2B.

We just did a 4/3 on wish. I would recommend doing it 3/4. That sea day in the four night is a nice break!
We did have our dinner host ask us if we would like the same servers so that was nice and adding to the continuity.

You do receive a notice letter about disembarking and procedures the night before.

But I will say, it did not feel like a seven day cruise. So much so we cancelled our spring on the wish and booked a true 7 day on the fantasy. Having to disembark, go through customs then go back up and wait in the terminal just made it feel like a jarring break.
Once we were back on the ship it felt good. And knowing what the dinners were we could skip or plan around. But the shows will be the same at night, where as the traditional seven days generally has different entertainment at night.

We are doing B2B in a couple weeks. Had to call to link the 2 together because we added the second on later. No where to link the 2 together anywhere we saw.

It gave us a PAT time of 1:30 for the second one and the lady on the phone said yes we get off go through customs and than have to join normal line to register and our PAT is still 1:30. I read enough to know this wasn’t right.

Hope it goes smoothly since there is no testing needed to be done. We do have to change rooms though.

We will be doing our first B2B on the Wish later this year. It was the only option that made the long flight to Florida feel worth it.

As pointed out, a 3N+4N is not the same as a 7N. On a 7 night, you will get 7 different dinner menus; on the B2B, you will get repeats. Same for entertainment. May or may not work to your advantage depending on if there were things you wished you could see/do twice :)

We will be doing our first B2B on the Wish later this year. It was the only option that made the long flight to Florida feel worth it.

As pointed out, a 3N+4N is not the same as a 7N. On a 7 night, you will get 7 different dinner menus; on the B2B, you will get repeats. Same for entertainment. May or may not work to your advantage depending on if there were things you wished you could see/do twice :)
I think or hope it will give us more time to explore the ship because we won’t have to see the shows twice , only get off once if we want.

Hoping to get into Palo but I’m sure that wanted happen by the sound of it . If we do we won’t miss one of the dining rooms.

Has anybody ever booked two consecutive shorter cruises to make it into a week or so. I am looking at combining a 4 day and a 3 day Cruise on the Wish at some point next year. Do they make you pack up and ship out for a short amount of time? Would they allow you to leave your bags on board? Would they even know you did it, provided they don't see it in the booking process? Thanks for all your help.
If you want to do 7 days of cruising out of Port Canaveral - I would personally hop on the Fantasy for one of its sailings and itinerary. Frankly you will save money, have less hassle and be able to experience different menus etc since it won’t all repeat itself with the new sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter