Columbus Day Weekend?

delikado

<font color=teal>Knows how to wave like a madwoman
Is the weekend following Columbus day going to be a complete nightmare in terms of crowds? Would like to hear of past experiences from the lovely folks on the board. Thanks!

I am very interested in hearing some responses cause I will be arriving at DWD on 10/13/03. Everybody told me that October is a great time and now that my air tickets are already bought, there is no turning back on our dates.
Deb

No, I am just kidding (trying to keep it less crowded for us!) We went last year, arriving the Saturday before Columbus Day and staying the week. It was wonderful. I thought perhaps it would be bad, at least that long weekend, but really didn't notice much in the way of crowds. It isn't as barren as, say, this time of year, but it definitely is manageable and nothing like Easter, Christmas, July 4th, or even as busy as Presidents' Day week. I that a lot of people who are considering an October trip wait until the end of the month when the Food and Wine Festival begins.

The weather is good - warm, but not miserably hot and humid. We're already scheduled to return in October, 2003!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter