College

JulielovesDisney

<font color=darkorchid>Hakuna Matata<br><marquee><
I know a bunch of your TBer's are heading off to college soon. So let's talk! lol
Basically this thread if for anyone to talk about it, vent, ask questions, support, etc.
(Yes, i know there is a whole board for college DISers, but we all know that all they talk about over there is the Disney College Program..lol)

So...what are your classes? Majors? Are you living on-campus? Any fears? Excited?

I go back on august 31st and the semester ends on the first week of december!

I'm pretty nervous about this semster just becuase I have to do my application to my major and everything. Most of my classes are my last few general ed classes I have to get out of the way (the random ones like philosophy and geology haha)

I have no idea when I go to university. I believe it's the third week of September. Although I need to get the grades to get in first. I don't find out my overall grades in my lessons until 17th August.

I'm nervous about next year too. I'm finally almost done my Gen Ed classes too (I just need to take a lab science :eek: ) and my schedule is all major classes. I'm taking a 200 level Shakespeare class (which I am petrified and soooo excited for at the same time) and creative writing, an education psych, and a Education methods course for Social Studies.

I'm nervous about next year too. I'm finally almost done my Gen Ed classes too (I just need to take a lab science :eek: ) and my schedule is all major classes. I'm taking a 200 level Shakespeare class (which I am petrified and soooo excited for at the same time) and creative writing, an education psych, and a Education methods course for Social Studies.

I know! I hate these random science labs they think I need to take.

I leave in 23 days for my first semester of college. I am so afraid. Living on campus and everything. I am a nursing major so I have two lab sciences. Human A&P plus its lab and also Inorganic Chemistry and its lab. I am also in the advanced writing class and I am really afraid for it.

I know! I hate these random science labs they think I need to take.
Yeah..I'm not looking forward to it! I might try and take it during the summer next year at a community college. I'm hoping that will work out because I heard from science majors at my school that the lab sciences are really hard.

I leave in 23 days for my first semester of college. I am so afraid. Living on campus and everything. I am a nursing major so I have two lab sciences. Human A&P plus its lab and also Inorganic Chemistry and its lab. I am also in the advanced writing class and I am really afraid for it.
I'm sure you'll be fine. As long as you keep working hard. It's much different that in high school. In high school it's kinda like you just want to get good grades to graduate. But in college it means more because you're taking classes you actually are interested in.

for me the semester starts sep 7. i am nervous as hell this year!! i have to take an extra course, so i'm taking mroe than 100% courseload! :eek:
and on top of that it's my LAST YEAR and i have NO idea what i want to/ am going to do after. it's a terrifying prospect.
i'm excited to be done, because frankly i am truly very sick of the extremely rigorous academic schedule i've had for the past 3 years, my school is one of the top in canada, and it really feels like it.
but on the other hand, once i'm done...that's it! i have no idea what the future holds! eeeek.

i can't remember my schedule right now, but it's a lot of english/theatre course, a few french ones (including a french theatre one!) and i'm taking beginner italian!! just for fun, i have an extra credit i can do whatever with, and since i already am fluent in french i'm hoping it'll be easy to pick up italian too.

i took a 200 level shakespeare course, and though it was crazy amounts of reading, and trying to comprehend and analyze all this insane text, it turned out to be one of my favourite courses, i really did enjoy decoding shakespeare! you learn a lot. (and it could come in handy playing jeopardy someday ahah)

decoding shakespeare may or may not be the worst thing on earth.

i'm only a senior in hs this year, but i'm starting the college visits soon and applying by november. i have to get my sat scores waaaaaaay up because the 1500 zone is not good enough!

the schools i'm looking at right now are;
drexel university
university of pennsylvania
la salle university
widener university

headin back to school on the 20th of aug.
i really dont want summer to end, ive had such a blast this year. i really appreciate livin at home again!!
going back to school will be okay, tho. im going to be moving into my first apartment which will be super fun!

Seriously, you'll be fine! Just budget your time well...college is a lot different from high school in that you're not in classes ALL day long (well at least you won't be...I am because I'm a music major, but that's a different story). You have a lot more free time, so it's easier to get everything done. Living on campus is SO fun. You really get to know the other people living on your floor and in your major, and the independence is amazing! You'll love it =]

I'm headed back for my second year on August 28! I'm a Music Therapy major and I absolutely love it...the only thing I'm dreading a little bit is the math requirement I have to take. I'm super good at math, but I hear the class is really ridiculous.

I leave for my first semester of college on the 23rd of August for Marching Band camp. We get moved in a week ahead of everyone else. We're doing Pirates of the Caribbean in our first show, which I'm pretty excited for. (The show also has Karn Evil 9 and the Hand that Feeds, random, but its an "old favorites" show apparently)... Another show is contemporary pop, and the third show is funk. In contemporary pop we're doing Lady Gaga, so I'm excited for that as well. I'm a little nervous because its my first time in Marching band ever, but in my school it doesn't really matter because nearly everyone doesn't have a marching background.

I'm a music ed major, I'm going to be taking 14 credits, and only 3 of those are of a general ed class O-o (its contemporary mathematics too). All of the 11 other credits are major-required...

Yeah..I'm not looking forward to it! I might try and take it during the summer next year at a community college. I'm hoping that will work out because I heard from science majors at my school that the lab sciences are really hard.

I'm sure you'll be fine. As long as you keep working hard. It's much different that in high school. In high school it's kinda like you just want to get good grades to graduate. But in college it means more because you're taking classes you actually are interested in.
I haven't taken a traditional science class since I was a sophomore in high school! I have to have 8 hours of science to graduate and i'm doing 4 this semester and 4 in the spring. I'm five semesters away from graduating though! fall/spring/summer/fall/spring 2012!

I'm taking the least "sciency" ones that I can find. I do NOT want anything like chemistry or biology, so I've got geology this semester and astrology next semester.

I haven't taken a traditional science class since I was a sophomore in high school! I have to have 8 hours of science to graduate and i'm doing 4 this semester and 4 in the spring. I'm five semesters away from graduating though! fall/spring/summer/fall/spring 2012!

I'm taking the least "sciency" ones that I can find. I do NOT want anything like chemistry or biology, so I've got geology this semester and astrology next semester.
(you mean astronomy, right? lol)

the choices at my school of science credits for the non-science majors (because chem, bio & all that stuff) are psych100, science in the news, astronomy, or some dinosaur science thing.
i took psych. glad i got that over with in first year. ugh.

I have no idea when I go to university. I believe it's the third week of September. Although I need to get the grades to get in first. I don't find out my overall grades in my lessons until 17th August.

Yep I'm off to university third week too :)

I found out my results on Monday :sad1: and I didn't get enough for the conditional offer for where I wanted to go, so speaking to them and hopefully they'll take me... my insurance I've got into though but don't want to go there anymore so otherwise I'll stay here and do a Foundation and go next year :)

Beware of astronomy.
Everyone I've talked to said it was waaaay harder than they expected.

There's a lot of math involved. So if you like math, go for it!

If you're looking for an easier science class, I would look for a course that your school isn't very known for. Like Oceanography, or Environmental Studies. It just depends on where you go.

I'm in summer school right now to get ahead so I can be an intern as a senior. Still looking at graduating in spring 2012.

My major is really cool and unique, Equine Management, I've enjoyed it so far. I get to work hands-on with horses and other animals.

I have to apply this fall. Not looking forward to it at all. I'm going to be so scatterbrained.
I need to get my grades up for scholarships. I really really really want to go away for university, be it somewhere in Ontario or Quebec, but my parents think I'm wasting my money away on an undergrad degree. It'd be easier to win them over if I had a lot of it paid for =/.

Hilary, what do you want to study? It's a shame your parents won't support you. /:

Yep I'm off to university third week too :)

I found out my results on Monday :sad1: and I didn't get enough for the conditional offer for where I wanted to go, so speaking to them and hopefully they'll take me... my insurance I've got into though but don't want to go there anymore so otherwise I'll stay here and do a Foundation and go next year :)

My insurance is more than my conditional offer... I thought at the time it was around the same amount of points as my conditional (240-280) but when I checked afterwards, it as actually 2 Bs and an A... I don't really want to go to my insurance anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter