College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I plan on applying asap just because I hate waiting, plus i really want a good role

Hey guys

Sorry to post again but I didn't get much of a response from my last post and I'm getting really nervous about my interview...

So, please please, has anyone got any tips? Joanna I'm thinking of you, you seem to be our resident expert :goodvibes

Thanks in advance for your help ^^ x x x x

Hey guys

Sorry to post again but I didn't get much of a response from my last post and I'm getting really nervous about my interview...

So, please please, has anyone got any tips? Joanna I'm thinking of you, you seem to be our resident expert :goodvibes

Thanks in advance for your help ^^ x x x x

The biggest tip I have is to smile and be upbeat. You really can hear a smile over the phone! Also, be honest about things. Try to imagine any question they might ask, then answer it out loud. Practice answering questions. Think about why you want to work for Disney, then answer it. Think about a possible role question and answer it.

I'm a Toastmasters member, so for me, I treat an interview like "table topics" which are little impromptu speeches. The "topicmaster" (interviewer) gives a subject or asks a question and you have 1-2 minutes to answer (although in an interview, you aren't timed, of course). Part of what we work on is avoiding ahs and ums and other "fillers", so work on that while you are practicing your mock questions. Your ability to speak confidently will really help you feel more relaxed and make for a better interview.

My interviewer was fantastic, very friendly and kept the pace moving nicely. She was easy to talk to and it was not formal at all like the professional internship interview.

My 12yo DD also has interview advice: go to the bathroom 5 minutes before and take a drink of water, then a deep breath on the first ring of the phone and pick it up with a smile. (she's pretty darned savvy) ;)

AHHH I finally got an answer!!
I'll be doing Merchandise for Spring 09!! I'm so pumped!

The biggest tip I have is to smile and be upbeat. You really can hear a smile over the phone! Also, be honest about things. Try to imagine any question they might ask, then answer it out loud. Practice answering questions. Think about why you want to work for Disney, then answer it. Think about a possible role question and answer it.

I'm a Toastmasters member, so for me, I treat an interview like "table topics" which are little impromptu speeches. The "topicmaster" (interviewer) gives a subject or asks a question and you have 1-2 minutes to answer (although in an interview, you aren't timed, of course). Part of what we work on is avoiding ahs and ums and other "fillers", so work on that while you are practicing your mock questions. Your ability to speak confidently will really help you feel more relaxed and make for a better interview.

My interviewer was fantastic, very friendly and kept the pace moving nicely. She was easy to talk to and it was not formal at all like the professional internship interview.

My 12yo DD also has interview advice: go to the bathroom 5 minutes before and take a drink of water, then a deep breath on the first ring of the phone and pick it up with a smile. (she's pretty darned savvy) ;)

Thanks for the advice! Already had my phone interview though, this one's the real deal...

Oooooh I'm so excited!

Do they only mail purple folders on one day a week? I was told my decision was made before Thanksgiving and my folder would go out this week, but still nothing. I also did that very bad thing on Thursday of trying to log in to accept before getting my folder (someone PMed me with the instructions), but I got the "hold on" screen, so now I'm wondering if I messed up the paperwork and why *after* I was told I had an offer, it didn't let me log in. :confused3

When we are checking in, will I need to make sure only one pair of earrings are in or will it be okay for me to be wearing both pairs?

When you show up you should be in full compliance with the disney look. I don't know if you can have them in for the housing meeting or not, but while you're unpacking and all that it doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter