College Football Viewing? - any ideas?

YCFAN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We want to be able to watch the UNC vs. Notre Dame football game at 3:30 the Friday after Thanksgiving. I know ESPN is not open but do any of you have any suggestions? I thought about The Boathouse, City Works but may Rix at Coronado. I've never been to Rix but it sounded interesting as I was reading about it. Anyone have any recommendations on past experience?

Rix won't change the stations and won't allow sound. They have tons of TVs but are pre set for a particular station and if you can get a seat by the TV with your game, great. We once went to watch Ohio State and only 2 small TVs near tables that were all taken. We sat in sofa seating area and asked they switch the TV there to Buckeys and they said 'not possible'. So we left and went to Big River to sit at the bar where they did switch the TV to the Buckeyes for us. But Big River isn't open yet either.

We are trying City Works on 11/28 (our arrival day). But another option is the Wave's lounge. It is pretty spacious compared to other resort/restaurant lounges. Several TVs. They will switch stations but may take them a while as usually they are understaffed. If your station is already on, then it's a great option.

Splitsville outside Bar-lots of TVs and great spot to people-watch.

LOVE the Salmon with Broccoli.

Rix won't change the stations and won't allow sound. They have tons of TVs but are pre set for a particular station and if you can get a seat by the TV with your game, great. We once went to watch Ohio State and only 2 small TVs near tables that were all taken. We sat in sofa seating area and asked they switch the TV there to Buckeys and they said 'not possible'. So we left and went to Big River to sit at the bar where they did switch the TV to the Buckeyes for us. But Big River isn't open yet either.

We are trying City Works on 11/28 (our arrival day). But another option is the Wave's lounge. It is pretty spacious compared to other resort/restaurant lounges. Several TVs. They will switch stations but may take them a while as usually they are understaffed. If your station is already on, then it's a great option.
Thank you! This was very informative. :)

City Works or Splitsville would be my votes, and fortunately they are very close to each other if one is more crowded or not showing it. We went to City Works about two weeks ago and had an Open Table reservation that we booked last minute. The place was virtually a ghost town - half empty, lots of bar seating, every Open Table timeslot available. This was around 6pm, and Disney Springs was otherwise very busy. Makes me wonder if the off-the-beaten path location of City Works is a hindrance. Anyway, the place had a TON of TVs and DH and I agreed it would be our new place to watch football next time we visit during football season.

We want to be able to watch the UNC vs. Notre Dame football game at 3:30 the Friday after Thanksgiving. I know ESPN is not open but do any of you have any suggestions? I thought about The Boathouse, City Works but may Rix at Coronado. I've never been to Rix but it sounded interesting as I was reading about it. Anyone have any recommendations on past experience?

Do what we do--fire up the Ipad or laptop poolside (preferably quiet pool) and enjoy the game with your own stocked cooler! :)

DH says Miller's Ale House. 5 min Uber ride so not that bad. He did that New Year's day a couple years back and said it was a much better experience than any Disney venues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter