College Football 2023-Year of The Dawgs?

Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow with FSU winning. Will the SEC be out of this year's CFP? Personally, I think both Alabama and Georgia would beat Florida State handily, but what will the committee do?

But Alabama knocked off Georgia, the #1 team, winning the conference in the process. That could over shadow an early season loss.
We're not just talking any loss though. We're talking a loss at home by 10 points to the very other team under consideration. There is absolutely no way Alabama deserves to go in over Texas. They had their chance. They played. They lost.

We're not just talking any loss though. We're talking a loss at home by 10 points to the very other team under consideration. There is absolutely no way Alabama deserves to go in over Texas. They had their chance. They played. They lost.
At the time, Texas was 7, Alabama was 8. Not an upset (or as large of one as people are making out). Texas lost to Oklahoma, who's not even in the talks for CFB. Which loss is more significant? Which win is more impressive? Texas over 'Bama or 'Bama over Georgia?

They’ll never keep Bama out. They look for a way to include them no matter what 🙄
I am not so sure.

3 of the 4 ESPN commentators currently on ESPN Championship Drive are STRONGLY pushing for FSU over Alabama.

On the other hand, Heather Dinich is predicting the Committee WILL take Alabama over FSU.

Either way it is going to be WILD!

Either Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee is going to EXPLODE when the announcement happens!

I think arguments can be made for all three (TX, AL, FSU). The only thing one can guarantee at this point (less than 2 hours b4 announcement) is one team and fans will make "rigged" claims.

If the measurement is the four BEST teams, I think FSU is odd man out. Yes, playing with 2nd & 3rd string QBs factors in.

If looking at resume, I think Bama defeating Georgia is stronger than Texas beating Alabama.

Alabama losing to Texas is better than Texas losing to Okl.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAN

I think FSU will be in and Alabama out.
We shall see the decisions soon enough.

• Wow
Reactions: GAN
Overnight the betting in Las Vegas has gone from favoring Alabama to overwhelmingly favoring FSU leading to speculation that some info has "leaked" from from Grapevine,Texas.

IF this comes to fruition it will be a great "win" for folks with SEC fatigue and Tuscaloosa,Alabama will spontaneously combust!

I would love to see Bama shut out. Nothing personal, of course! 🤣
That's why I love LSU fans. None of this South shall rise again we're for the SEC nonsense. Just good ole fashioned animosity. Bama's a rival, forget them. That is how it should be. And we all know what non dis friendly words LSU fans would use instead of forget.

That's why I love LSU fans. None of this South shall rise again we're for the SEC nonsense. Just good ole fashioned animosity. Bama's a rival, forget them. That is how it should be. And we all know what non dis friendly words LSU fans would use instead of forget.
Absolutely! There are a handful of sec schools that I’m might support against non sec opponents. Bama is NOT one of them 🤣.

I am SHOCKED!

Lots of "experts" were so sure it would be FSU.

I am predicting an Alabama v. Texas rematch for the NC.

The FSU AD is NOT happy!

His SCATHING response to the decision:

Here’s his full statement, via 247 Sports:

“The consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment are destructive, far reaching, and permanent. Not just for Florida State, but college football as a whole.”

“The argument of whether a team is the ‘most deserving OR best’ is a false equivalence. It renders the season up to yesterday irrelevant and significantly damages the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff. The 2023 Florida State Seminoles are the epitome of a total TEAM. To eliminate them from a chance to compete for a national championship is an unwarranted injustice that shows complete disregard and disrespect for their performance and accomplishments. It is unforgiveable.”

“The fact that this team has continued to close out victories in dominant fashion facing our current quarterback situation should have ENHANCED our case to get a playoff berth EARNED on the field. Instead, the committee decided to elevate themselves and ‘make history’ today by departing from what makes this sport great by excluding an undefeated Power 5 conference champion for the first time since the advent of the BCS/CFP era that began 25 years ago. This ridiculous decision is a departure from the competitive expectations that have stood the test of time in college football.”

“Wins matter. Losses matter. Those that compete in the arena know this. Those on the committee who also competed in the sport and should have known this have forgotten it. Today, they changed the way success is assessed in college football, from a tangible metric — winning on the field — to an intangible, subjective one. Evidently, predicting the future matters more.”

“For many of us, today’s decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field.”

“Our players, coaches, and fans —
as well as all those who love this sport — deserve better. The committee failed college football today.”

Last edited:
I am SHOCKED!

The FSU AD is NOT happy!

“The consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment are destructive, far reaching, and permanent. Not just for Florida State, but college football as a whole.”

“The argument of whether a team is the ‘most deserving OR best’ is a false equivalence. It renders the season up to yesterday irrelevant and significantly damages the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff. The 2023 Florida State Seminoles are the epitome of a total TEAM. To eliminate them from a chance to compete for a national championship is an unwarranted injustice that shows complete disregard and disrespect for their performance and accomplishments. It is unforgiveable.”

“The fact that this team has continued to close out victories in dominant fashion facing our current quarterback situation should have ENHANCED our case to get a playoff berth EARNED on the field. Instead, the committee decided to elevate themselves and ‘make history’ today by departing from what makes this sport great by excluding an undefeated Power 5 conference champion for the first time since the advent of the BCS/CFP era that began 25 years ago. This ridiculous decision is a departure from the competitive expectations that have stood the test of time in college football.”
Why? Two Major factors in the decision are strength of schedule and the team “right now”. FSU loses on both of those points. We’re talking #5 strength vs. #55 …their conference is weak. I may be biased but I think most fans consider the SEC a premier, if not the best, conference. Who would suggest that the winner of the best conference doesn’t get in -that’s ridiculous! If anyone should be upset it’s Georgia….

I am SHOCKED!

The FSU AD is NOT happy!

Here’s his full statement, via 247 Sports:

“Wins matter. Losses matter. Those that compete in the arena know this. Those on the committee who also competed in the sport and should have known this have forgotten it. Today, they changed the way success is assessed in college football, from a tangible metric — winning on the field — to an intangible, subjective one. Evidently, predicting the future matters more.”

“For many of us, today’s decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field.”

“Our players, coaches, and fans —
as well as all those who love this sport — deserve better. The committee failed college football today.”
Not shocked. Bama always gets favoritism. I honestly don’t know what the obsession is 🤷‍♀️.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter