College Football 2023-Year of The Dawgs?

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
It is hard to believe but the Season is HERE with the "Week Zero" games just a few days away!

Does anyone have a chance to win the National Championship besides Georgia?

With their "less than impressive" schedule they should roll into the SEC Championship game undefeated and not even needing to win the SEC Championship game to make it into the Playoff.

So they will enter the Playoff healthy and rested.

If Georgia wins it all,it will be the first Threepeat since the 1930s and cement Georgia as one of the greatest Dynasties in College Football history.

Or does the pressure of trying to make History overtake them?

If you had to bet on Georgia or The Field,which would you take?

Georgia has lost one of their key role players,running back Branson Robinson,to a season ending injury.

Not the best way to begin the chase for History.

Reactions: GAN
What I don't understand is how a school like Vanderbilt is in the SEC? We need a system of relegation like English football to move teams up and down between divisions.

What I don't understand is how a school like Vanderbilt is in the SEC? We need a system of relegation like English football to move teams up and down between divisions.
The SEC is more than just football. Every conference needs a private school that isn't good at revenue sports but makes up for it other places.

The SEC is more than just football. Every conference needs a private school that isn't good at revenue sports but makes up for it other places.
It is ludicrous that a school like Vanderbilt is getting millions from the SEC to run their athletic programs. The value of broadcasting their games is close to zero. Why are they getting revenue?

It is ludicrous that a school like Vanderbilt is getting millions from the SEC to run their athletic programs. The value of broadcasting their games is close to zero. Why are they getting revenue?
Because a collegiate athletic conference is not a for profit business. I also think you'd be surprised at how many Vanderbilt alums do watch their games, from all over the country.

Because a collegiate athletic conference is not a for profit business. I also think you'd be surprised at how many Vanderbilt alums do watch their games, from all over the country.
Plus it’s not just football. They have had some pretty decent baseball & other teams in the past.

College football is all about the money. Sooner or later Georgia and Alabama are going to stop the unfair revenue split and demand a bigger slice of the pie. How are those schools going to compete and pay their players the highest salaries unless they get more?

College football is all about the money. Sooner or later Georgia and Alabama are going to stop the unfair revenue split and demand a bigger slice of the pie. How are those schools going to compete and pay their players the highest salaries unless they get more?
The point you're consistently ignoring is that a collegiate athletic conference is about much more than football. The University of Georgia and the University of Alabama are more than welcome to leave the SEC, they won't because it doesn't make sense for them to do so. The SEC sanctions 21 sports, not just the three that generate profit. Interestingly enough, the SEC school with the largest endowment is Texas A&M, next is Vanderbilt, each of which is more than 4 times the amount of the school in 3rd place, Arkansas. Personally, I believe NCAA Football and Basketball will fold in the next 10-15 years and they will become minor leagues. Too much money involved for the top 1%.

The TV revenue isn't so bad.... 😂

The point you're consistently ignoring is that a collegiate athletic conference is about much more than football. The University of Georgia and the University of Alabama are more than welcome to leave the SEC, they won't because it doesn't make sense for them to do so. The SEC sanctions 21 sports, not just the three that generate profit. Interestingly enough, the SEC school with the largest endowment is Texas A&M, next is Vanderbilt, each of which is more than 4 times the amount of the school in 3rd place, Arkansas. Personally, I believe NCAA Football and Basketball will fold in the next 10-15 years and they will become minor leagues. Too much money involved for the top 1%.
Your point is entirely moot because it is in fact just about football or more importantly, the TV money it brings in and has been for years. Conference realignment didn't happen for womens bowling or water polo, or soccer or tennis or swimming or wrasslin or golf or any other sport. It certainly didn't happen for academics. It was all about football. If it were not all about football, the Pac12 wouldn't be breaking up next year, the Big East would still exist as a major conference, and the Big12 wouldn't have added 4 new members with 4 more on the way.

Last edited:
Shockingly on ESPN College Gameday,both Pat McAfee and Kirk Herbstreit picked Alabama to win the National Championship.

That will only increase Georgia's chances at making history as they will now feel disrespected and be out to prove them wrong.

And that virtually eliminates any chance Alabama had to "fly under the radar" and be taken lightly by other teams.

Kirby Smart LOVES these predictions and Nick Saban absolutely HATES them!

It is hard to believe but the Season is HERE with the "Week Zero" games just a few days away!

Does anyone have a chance to win the National Championship besides Georgia?

With their "less than impressive" schedule they should roll into the SEC Championship game undefeated and not even needing to win the SEC Championship game to make it into the Playoff.

So they will enter the Playoff healthy and rested.

If Georgia wins it all,it will be the first Threepeat since the 1930s and cement Georgia as one of the greatest Dynasties in College Football history.

Or does the pressure of trying to make History overtake them?

If you had to bet on Georgia or The Field,which would you take?
Ahhh, UGA talk is back ............ :cheer2:

BIO: Lived in ATL more than half life, opted for private college, lots relatives are hard core UGA fans. I attended 3 Sugar Bowls - UGA won one as Championship 1980, still selling my souvenir gear I got. My kids attended 3 different colleges, no UGA, no interest. Most around us are UGA fans IF FROM GA. Lots of neighbors support their out of state team. DD played D1 and worked for two D1 programs. SIL played college football all four years out of state, worked for college team for a year, lives breathes college football. His bro is MLB player, so year grew up with hard core sports. Spent day over there yesterday and tv was on top level high school kids games and commits. Lucky me to learn more ...

Not really a UGA fan, multiple reasons including being irritated by K-Mart UGA Fans.

Most top sources declare UGA an easy schedule way below what they should be playing as Champions. Once again the system is playing favorites. Every time they make changes to the system they make it worse. BUT then again the ENTIRE NCAA FOOTBALL system is about MONEY MONEY for the top programs as they are the ones who run the system. They don't want the smaller schools (remember UCF) to be able to recruit.

I am betting on The Field because the incoming class is betting on The Field. UGA is starting over QB wise and looks like incoming class wasn't interested in joining.

By ranking UGA picked up 15, 27, 33, 37 and few more
By ranking UA picked up 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 22, 24, 25, 29, 36 and several more

In some sport scores Alabama KILLED UGA in recruiting.

Approximate numbers of players lost -
12 to NFL Draft
15 to Transfer Portal
Few due to lost eligibility and other reasons (car accident likely to be a financial hit)
Supposedly UGA scholarship situation prevented them from receiving much from portal.

If they aren't picking up top recruits and have lost key players they aren't the same team.

Last edited:
Very rich donors are most likely paying the players. Lots of alums pour millions back into the football programs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter